Military Antiques Stockholm - Top
Display your banner here

Eisernes Kreuz 2. Klasse Otto Schickle L/15 with Non Magnetic Core

Article about: An Eisernes Kreuz 2. Klasse Otto Schickle L/15. Very similar to the other L/15 I posted but with a Non Magnetic Core. This one also appears to be Core Type A. Ron

Default Eisernes Kreuz 2. Klasse Otto Schickle L/15 with Non Magnetic Core

An Eisernes Kreuz 2. Klasse Otto Schickle L/15. Very similar to the other L/15 I posted but with a Non Magnetic Core. This one also appears to be Core Type A. Ron

Eisernes Kreuz 2. Klasse Otto Schickle L/15 with Non Magnetic CoreEisernes Kreuz 2. Klasse Otto Schickle L/15 with Non Magnetic CoreEisernes Kreuz 2. Klasse Otto Schickle L/15 with Non Magnetic Core

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Eisernes Kreuz 2. Klasse Otto Schickle L/15 with Non Magnetic Core
    P
    Many

?

Mine has a zinc core, I wonder if this is the same. Does the base metal look grey on the worn areas of the swastika?

Looking for LDO marked EK2s and items relating to U-406.....

Quote by Adrian View Post
    Mine has a zinc core, I wonder if this is the same. Does the base metal look grey on the worn areas of the swastika?
    Hi Adrian. The core on this one is almost fully blackened. I could only find a few very small areas that showed underneath. Most notable on the second "9" in "1939" and it seems to be grey. No indication anywhere of brass underneath. So probably zinc like yours. Ron

?

Ah. Must be the light reflection on the edges of the swastika.

You can see mine in the thread below. The zinc one is very obvious.

EK2 u/m Otto Schickle.

Looking for LDO marked EK2s and items relating to U-406.....

Probably the cores were zinc. But you have to be careful when buying without a description. Schickle coated the iron cores with brass. One can be fooled. Below such a core, which is magnetic.
    Robert
    Eisernes Kreuz 2. Klasse Otto Schickle L/15 with Non Magnetic CoreEisernes Kreuz 2. Klasse Otto Schickle L/15 with Non Magnetic Core

Quote by Adrian View Post
    Ah. Must be the light reflection on the edges of the swastika.

You can see mine in the thread below. The zinc one is very obvious.

EK2 u/m Otto Schickle.
    Were zinc and brass the only materials used for the non-magnetic cores? And in the case of the Otto Schickle crosses perhaps only zinc. And brass only used to coat the iron cores as Robert has shown?

More like zinc. Brass is too expensive for such production. It would have been better to use such an expensive and rust-resistant material for typical military needs, e.g. in KM.
    Robert

Quote by manclino View Post
    More like zinc. Brass is too expensive for such production. It would have been better to use such an expensive and rust-resistant material for typical military needs, e.g. in KM.
    Robert
    Are magnetic and non-magnetic Otto Schickle L/15 crosses found in equal numbers or is one found less often?

Marked L/15, they are generally rare (both magnetic and non-magnetic). In my opinion, unmarked magnetic crosses are rarer. However, it should be remembered that in mid-1941 the Otto Schickle company was banned from producing crosses.
    Robert

Outstanding