Ratisbon's - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Eisernes Kreuz 2. Klasse Real or Fake

Article about: Hey guys, I finally got my first ever EK2 but upon inspection I'm not quite sure about it. The core is magnetic, and it does have the seam, but it appears that the black of the core is flaki

Default Eisernes Kreuz 2. Klasse Real or Fake

Hey guys,

I finally got my first ever EK2 but upon inspection I'm not quite sure about it. The core is magnetic, and it does have the seam, but it appears that the black of the core is flaking off in some places - which seems strange.

Any help authenticating would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Eisernes Kreuz 2. Klasse Real or Fake   Eisernes Kreuz 2. Klasse Real or Fake  

Eisernes Kreuz 2. Klasse Real or Fake   Eisernes Kreuz 2. Klasse Real or Fake  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Eisernes Kreuz 2. Klasse Real or Fake
    P
    Many

If you haven't checked the ribbon ring for a maker's mark, do that.
    Then, take some clearer, and better lit photos and post them up, please.
    Ralph.
    Searching for anything relating to, Anton Boos, 934 Stamm. Kp. Pz. Erz. Abt. 7, 3 Kompanie, Panzer-Regiment 2, 16th Panzer-Division (My father)

It doesn't appear to have a maker mark to my eyes.

Here's some more pictures. I apologize for the lack of lighting previously for some reason my phone isn't cooperating

If you can try to post a couple of straight on front and reverse photos, it would be better.
    If you can post some photos like in this thread, that would be great.
    Non maker marked Eisernes Kreuz 2 klasse, mint
    We need to se the details of the date, and the beading of the frame.
    Angled photos do not help.
    Ralph.
    Searching for anything relating to, Anton Boos, 934 Stamm. Kp. Pz. Erz. Abt. 7, 3 Kompanie, Panzer-Regiment 2, 16th Panzer-Division (My father)

How about these?

Here are some pictures from the dealer. Like I said in the first post there is some paint that flaked off on the back.

Those are better.
    I don't really study crosses, but some of our other members who do will now be able to help you to determine who the maker was.
    Have patience and remember, our members are from all over the world and are not on line all of the time.
    Ralph.

The inner beading corners are very rounded, so that narrows it down somewhat. Being able to visualize the dates would likely solve the puzzle.

With some types of cellphones, if you take a picture using just a little bit of magnification it changes the emphasis of the lighting and the core/dates can be visualized.

As for the paint flaking off the core, that can happen on real or fake ones.

TWS
    ?

I'd like to see better photos of the date, but better photos in general would be great. To identify both maker and originality of Iron Crosses the fine details are necessary. Like do the numerals in the date line up? Or is one or more numerals higher/lower? The shape of the beading and any known die flaws. The height of the Swastika compared to the frame. The width of the Swastika arms. Etc etc.

This one isn't straight on, but this is the level (or even better) of photos we should strive for when looking at crosses.

Todd
    Former U.S. Army Tanker.
    "Best job I ever had."

It looks like it has the makers mark 100 on the ring for Wachtler & Lange, although it is a little blurry. I am no expert, but hopefully somebody will be able to help you

The frame doesn't seem to have the lug and crunch bead for a W&L. If there is a maker's mark (my tired old eyes aren't quite seeing it in the photos) the OP could solve this more easily by sharing that information.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast