Marna Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

Meybauer Schinkelform Eisernes Kreuz 2. Klasse

Article about: I am thinking about purchasing this Meybauer Schinkelform EK2. My concern however, is that the "swastika" and "1939" appear more glossy. Has the black paint on these high

Default Meybauer Schinkelform Eisernes Kreuz 2. Klasse

I am thinking about purchasing this Meybauer Schinkelform EK2. My concern however, is that the "swastika" and "1939" appear more glossy. Has the black paint on these high points been touched up at some point? Any other issues that I should be aware of? Thanks. Ron

Meybauer Schinkelform Eisernes Kreuz 2. Klasse Meybauer Schinkelform Eisernes Kreuz 2. Klasse
    Last edited by rbminis; 03-23-2023 at 02:12 PM. Reason: Edited title to use the correct German terminology.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Meybauer Schinkelform Eisernes Kreuz 2. Klasse
    P
    Many

And, what do you think Ron? When storing a cross, which part of it is exposed to direct contact with any packaging surface?
    Robert

So what you are saying is the glossiness of the high points is not due to touch up but rather contact of those areas to packaging?

Of course. This is a common "phenomenon" in crosses. The protruding parts (swaz and both dates) are most exposed to contact, which even results in damage. See for yourself that a lot of crosses usually have damaged paint there.
    Robert

And in your opinion the black paint on all the high points of this cross is original? I think my concern arose because the “1813” was not as glossy as the front high points.

I can't understand your thinking.
    Robert

Sorry. I appreciate your input Robert. I guess I am just looking for reassurance that this cross is all original and not “touched up” before I purchase. From what you have discussed I gather that it has not been repainted on the high points. Rather the glossiness is due to rubbing against the packing surface.

From what I can see the cross is original and has not been repainted.
    Robert

?

As Robert has said, original cross and original paint. The highlights of any badge or medal will be shiny as that's where fingers have been in contact for decades and where it's most likely be rubbed.

Looking for LDO marked EK2s and items relating to U-406.....