Rg-militaria - Top
Display your banner here

NEED HELP! Eisernes Kreuz 2. Klasse: Real or Fake (and place to find better price?)

Article about: Saw this Iron cross 2nd class for sale a a local antique store and I'm thinking off buying it. The tag said it an original but I can't be too sure, I'm no expert. The cross itself is made up

Default NEED HELP! Eisernes Kreuz 2. Klasse: Real or Fake (and place to find better price?)

Saw this Iron cross 2nd class for sale a local antique store and I'm thinking off buying it. The tag said it an original but I can't be too sure, I'm no expert. The cross itself is made up of multiple pieces, which is a good sign. I looked on the band for a proof mark but couldn't find one (or one that was obvious) and my phone wouldn't focus to take good photos of it anyway.
    Any help would be great, thanks!

Sorry for the bad pictures, I was on my way out when I took them and was rushed.

NEED HELP! Eisernes Kreuz 2. Klasse: Real or Fake (and place to find better price?)

Also, it's being sold for $200 CAD, which is quite a pretty penny. Does anyone know where I might buy an original Iron Cross 2nd Class in Canada, Ontario for a better price or is $200 not a bad price? To me it just seems to be a bit much.
    Last edited by rbminis; 10-04-2021 at 04:00 AM. Reason: Edited title to use the correct German terminology.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement NEED HELP! Eisernes Kreuz 2. Klasse: Real or Fake (and place to find better price?)
    P
    Many

I have edited the title of your thread, and moved it to the correct section of the forum.
    Please read this thread.
    The Use of German Terminology.
    Ralph.
    Searching for anything relating to, Anton Boos, 934 Stamm. Kp. Pz. Erz. Abt. 7, 3 Kompanie, Panzer-Regiment 2, 16th Panzer-Division (My father)

?

It looks ok to me as far as I can see from the pictures. Not all EK 1939 have maker marks, this is not abnormal. But with maker marks are more sought after.

You can do some other tests as well to make sure if it is ok.

Shake test, hold the frame between your fingers and shake it. Because it are three parts you would feel it shaking inside the frame.

Magnetic test hold a magnet to it, to check if it has an iron core (although there are also EK without an iron core as well)

A paper test. slid a thin piece of paper between the black surface and the inner frame to see if it consists out of more then one piece

Silver test, have a white piece of normale writing paper and slide the frame over the paper. If you see a grey line, like it has been made by a pencil, then it is silver. If the paper stays white then it is not silver.

Prices have been rising a lot since last years, $200 CAD is for me EUR 139,- , I have seen EKII 1939 going from €130 and higher on a regular base.

The white robe in the photo's doesn't look original. The ribbon I cannot judge from the photo's