Militaria Romandie - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

New Eisernes Kreuz 2. Klasse - Wächtler & Lange

Article about: The previous shown Gustav Brehmer was bought with this one, two nice crosses and a very nice price. This one I identified as a W&L. A little easier due to the lug. But please do take a l

Default New Eisernes Kreuz 2. Klasse - Wächtler & Lange

The previous shown Gustav Brehmer was bought with this one, two nice crosses and a very nice price.
    This one I identified as a W&L. A little easier due to the lug. But please do take a look if I am right.
    I love the look of this one. I guess this one once was hochpoliert, but the silver frame built up a very nice, deep, dark patina. Except for the ribbing! The frosting is still very present and the almost two-toned frame looks to me fantastic!
    Hope you also like it!

Enjoy your weekend,
    Martin
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture New Eisernes Kreuz 2. Klasse - Wächtler & Lange   New Eisernes Kreuz 2. Klasse - Wächtler & Lange  

New Eisernes Kreuz 2. Klasse - Wächtler & Lange   New Eisernes Kreuz 2. Klasse - Wächtler & Lange  

New Eisernes Kreuz 2. Klasse - Wächtler & Lange  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement New Eisernes Kreuz 2. Klasse - Wächtler & Lange
    P
    Many

?

These are my absolute favourite EK2. The dark frames and hand applied frosting. Absolutely beautiful.

You can see my dark frame Wachtler & Lange and Junckers here.
    Last edited by Adrian; 04-13-2024 at 08:24 AM.

Looking for LDO marked EK2s and items relating to U-406.....

Very nice Martin!
    You can see my example here.
    Eisernes Kreuz 2. Klasse, Wachter & Lange
    Ralph.
    Searching for anything relating to, Anton Boos, 934 Stamm. Kp. Pz. Erz. Abt. 7, 3 Kompanie, Panzer-Regiment 2, 16th Panzer-Division (My father)

It's very interesting. This is the first time I've seen a W&L cross in such a combination. The frosting has been retained, while the frame strip is covered with oxide. The oxide is formed due to the effect of temperature on the oil. So far I have encountered such oxidation most often on Ernst L. Müller (PKZ 76) or Alois Rettenmeyer (PKZ 16) crosses. But there they probably did not pay attention to degreasing the frame. Here, too, someone probably overlooked. An interesting case.
    Robert

?

Robert, have a look at the thread I linked to, my examples like this are shown. Douglas5 went into it on WAF explaining a time line of different base metals and treatment.

Hi All,

That is a lot of more facts than I expected, thank you all! I really appreciate you help.
    One of the comments on my phone was: Are you sure this is W&L? The cross has all the characteristics of a Juncker?
    Well, no... Not sure. But it was more like I could not believe to score a Brehmer and a Juncker for this price as most of the sellers know very well what they are offering, when selling unmarked crosses.
    So, my humble request for a second opinion: Was I right with W&L?

Thanks for your time, as always!
    Martin

?

Wachtler & Lange is correct in my opinion.

Thank you, Adrian!

Nice cross, here is one I picked up last week. This one has a marked ring.

New Eisernes Kreuz 2. Klasse - Wächtler & Lange New Eisernes Kreuz 2. Klasse - Wächtler & Lange

?

This one is the later type where the frames were dipped in Rhodium and then the flanges burnished to remove it, just leaving it on the beading and loops. The one Martin posted and in the thread I linked to have had the frosting applied by hand with a brush or pen type device which accounts for the unevenness of the appearance.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast