Military Antiques Stockholm - Top
Display your banner here

Opinions on Eisernes Kreuz 1. Klasse with presentation case, please

Article about: Hi All, I've just managed to get hold of my first 1939 Eisernes Kreuz 1. Klasse with presentation Case, and I would greatly appreciate any comments or additional info on it. I find the 1939

Default Opinions on Eisernes Kreuz 1. Klasse with presentation case, please

Hi All,

I've just managed to get hold of my first 1939 Eisernes Kreuz 1. Klasse with presentation Case, and I would greatly appreciate any comments or additional info on it.

I find the 1939 EK1 so much more difficult to evaluate (Good from bad/Early or Late War etc.) than the 1914 EK1, so I'm fairly in the dark with this one and any help/additional info would really be appreciated.

Opinions on Eisernes Kreuz 1. Klasse with presentation case, pleaseOpinions on Eisernes Kreuz 1. Klasse with presentation case, pleaseOpinions on Eisernes Kreuz 1. Klasse with presentation case, pleaseOpinions on Eisernes Kreuz 1. Klasse with presentation case, pleaseOpinions on Eisernes Kreuz 1. Klasse with presentation case, pleaseOpinions on Eisernes Kreuz 1. Klasse with presentation case, pleaseOpinions on Eisernes Kreuz 1. Klasse with presentation case, pleaseOpinions on Eisernes Kreuz 1. Klasse with presentation case, pleaseOpinions on Eisernes Kreuz 1. Klasse with presentation case, pleaseOpinions on Eisernes Kreuz 1. Klasse with presentation case, please

This is what I think:

It's a good condition Steinhauer and Lück 1939 EK1, but I have no idea if it's an early or late war cross or even post WW2. As for the presentation Case, I simply have no useable knowledge in this area - it looks nice and old and is obviously not a LDO but then what have I got hold of here?

So what do you think?

Best Regards

Friedrich

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Opinions on Eisernes Kreuz 1. Klasse with presentation case, please
    P
    Many

You are correct it is a nice S&L produced after 1942

Nick
    "In all my years as a soldier, I have never seen men fight so hard." - SS Obergruppenfuhrer Wilhelm Bittrich - Arnhem

Hi

Thanks for the feedback.

Is there anyway to know what material S&L frames and back where made of or did they make both silver plated and real silver frames and backplate depending on time of production?

Cheers

Friedrich

?

Beautiful EK1! Unfortunately I cant tell you anymore than whats already been said. But like I said beautiful EK1

very nice set.

Thank you for your replies.

I've been searching the web a little for some more info and I stumbled across this tread, which has me worried a bit whether this is in fact one of those postwar crosses Adrian was talking about here:

ek1 maker mark 4

Now I fear that I may have misjudged the cross' origin.

What is your opinion on the cross?

yes this the type is so called "postwar "Steinhauer & Lück ,
    but is have same marked big rectangle shape 4 original wartime cross
    here is mine " wartime " piece
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Opinions on Eisernes Kreuz 1. Klasse with presentation case, please   Opinions on Eisernes Kreuz 1. Klasse with presentation case, please