Militaria Romandie - Top
Display your banner here

Original Eiserne Kreuz?

Article about: Hello, can you help me to find out if this Eiserne Kreuz is original, the seller wants 60 euros for it, but to me it looks like a fake? I appreciate your help

?

Question Original Eiserne Kreuz?

Hello, can you help me to find out if this Eiserne Kreuz is original, the seller wants 60 euros for it, but to me it looks like a fake?
    I appreciate your help
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Original Eiserne Kreuz?   Original Eiserne Kreuz?  

Original Eiserne Kreuz?   Original Eiserne Kreuz?  

Original Eiserne Kreuz?  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Original Eiserne Kreuz?
    P
    Many

IMO it's obviosly a Fake.

?

Looks like a fake to me.

Hill

please give us some details as to why it is a fake so that the rest of us might learn something.

?

Quote by thecyclist64 View Post
    please give us some details as to why it is a fake so that the rest of us might learn something.
    x2, this is an awful way to respond, any person can say FAKE..
    I'd rather be A "RaD Man than a Mad Man "

The arms on this cross do not have the correct Curvature...Compare with any original and the difference is easily recognized....

Is this the real thing?
    You are a very maniacal researcher.

The contributor is also clearly a fake, as you have said.

Even if it is sold as a replica, it is crudely made.
    The poor connection is noticeable, but what is particularly disconcerting is the face when it deteriorates.
    The real face shown when degraded and the face in this image are as different as they can be.

Quote by thecyclist64 View Post
    You do only have to take a look on the swastika and you'll see, that this is a Fake. Then look at how sloppily the two silver frames are put together, a newspaper easily fits through the gap between the frames! In addition, the two frames are also soldered crookedly to each other. If I only saw the silver frames, I would even think the piece was real. But the core and the sloppy workmanship make me very doubtful. I can't imagine that a German material tester would have allowed something like that.

?

It looks like a fake to me, because some of the cornors are round. They should be sharp.

The corners need to be sharp, just like this one:
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Original Eiserne Kreuz?  

Hi,
    It is a post-war Souval cross with a so-called "straight arms" frame, a second type core: Souval obverse (war time design) with a deep three, reverse post-war design.
    Regards
    Robert