Combat-relics.com - Top
Display your banner here

Real or fake Eisernes Kreuz 2. Klasse

Article about: Not my area so would welcome advice on this Ek2 which is unmarked. Ribbon tested under backlight seemed fine. Many thanks

Default Real or fake Eisernes Kreuz 2. Klasse

Not my area so would welcome advice on this Eisernes Kreuz 2. Klasse which is unmarked. Ribbon tested under backlight seemed fine.

Many thanks
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Real or fake Eisernes Kreuz 2. Klasse   Real or fake Eisernes Kreuz 2. Klasse  

Last edited by tiger6136; 08-10-2023 at 09:14 PM. Reason: Edited title to use the correct German terminology.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Real or fake Eisernes Kreuz 2. Klasse
    P
    Many

Please read the following thread regarding posting in this section of the forum.
    The Use of German Terminology.
    Ralph.
    Searching for anything relating to, Anton Boos, 934 Stamm. Kp. Pz. Erz. Abt. 7, 3 Kompanie, Panzer-Regiment 2, 16th Panzer-Division (My father)

Apologies, edited correctly I hope

?

Floch fake in my opinion. There are many posted here on the forum, have a search and match the dates.

Looking for LDO marked EK2s and items relating to U-406.....

Thanks for that, I suspected as much from what I had read and found online but wanted to confirm what I thought.

Sorry for the bad news, but an advice: label the cross a a copy and keep it. Every now and then pick it up and study it. Floch reproductions (and 666 / 333 crosses) are nasty and offered a lot for the full genuine prices. Good thing to learn to recognise these! And as Adrian said: there is a lot to be found to compare overhere.

Here's a thread I posted a few years ago
    Fake Floch EKII & Spange
    Paul

Many thanks for the feedback. I had suspected it was a Floch when I found it at the back of one of the drawers i keep awards/medals in. It was actually the very first item I purchased was back in mid 80’s from a dealer who is now online but was in Islington. The red flag for me was the Josef Feix Sohne on the markers envelope. I dont think they produced the award.