Damn Yankee - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Ritterkreuz, Eichenlaub, Schwertern und Brillanten

Article about: Just came across this for sale on UK site preloved. Would like to think authentic at £30k but I guess you never know. Will suggest it to Mrs for birthday present

Default Ritterkreuz, Eichenlaub, Schwertern und Brillanten

Just came across this for sale on UK site preloved. Would like to think authentic at £30k but I guess you never know.
    Will suggest it to Mrs for birthday present
    Ritterkreuz, Eichenlaub, Schwertern und BrillantenRitterkreuz, Eichenlaub, Schwertern und BrillantenRitterkreuz, Eichenlaub, Schwertern und BrillantenRitterkreuz, Eichenlaub, Schwertern und BrillantenRitterkreuz, Eichenlaub, Schwertern und BrillantenRitterkreuz, Eichenlaub, Schwertern und Brillanten
    Last edited by rbminis; 03-22-2023 at 06:30 PM. Reason: Edited title to use the correct German terminology.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Ritterkreuz, Eichenlaub, Schwertern und Brillanten
    P
    Many

Moved to the correct section of the forum.
    Please read the following thread regarding posting in this section of the forum.
    The Use of German Terminology.
    Ralph.
    Searching for anything relating to, Anton Boos, 934 Stamm. Kp. Pz. Erz. Abt. 7, 3 Kompanie, Panzer-Regiment 2, 16th Panzer-Division (My father)

thanks Ralph.

?

There were 27 awards of the diamonds made. The price of just those are the thick end of £100k
    A cased RK will be around the £30k mark so if genuine it is a bargain set.
    However, I would caution against grabbing it.....

I'm a bit sceptical that one of these very rare and highly valuable pieces would turn up on Preloved.

Having said that, the ribbon looks good.....

Looking for LDO marked EK2s and items relating to U-406.....

Unfortunately I can only dream of getting items like this, put it up in case someone on the forum would be interested in it. Cheers, Dave.

MAP
    ?

Not an area I am remotely qualified to comment on but all I can say is that MUCH better photos would be needed. Otherwise it is all speculation.

That said, looks like this piece is on multiple auction sites. Never a good sign

Knights Cross with oak leaves crossed swords with Diamonds - Antiques To Buy
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

CBH
    ?

The fact the oak leaves and swords are upside down shows that someone doesn’t know much about the award .

Looks like a copy to me. The oak leaves rear reflect either a jewelers copy or reproduction. The original oaks with brilliants were cast with openings in them, were 2 piece and the brilliants captured between the sandwiched halves as I understand it.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Ritterkreuz, Eichenlaub, Schwertern und Brillanten   Ritterkreuz, Eichenlaub, Schwertern und Brillanten  

Ritterkreuz, Eichenlaub, Schwertern und Brillanten   Ritterkreuz, Eichenlaub, Schwertern und Brillanten  

?

The diamond to KC , KC and the case are not period made.

?

Awful photos for a 30k very rare award piece but they are good enough to say this is not original .
    The gates of hell were opened and we accepted the invitation to enter" 26/880 Lance Sgt, Edward Dyke. 26th Bn Northumberland Fusiliers , ( 3rd Tyneside Irish )

1st July 1916

Thought shall be the harder , heart the keener,
    Courage the greater as our strength faileth.
    Here lies our leader ,in the dust of his greatness.
    Who leaves him now , be damned forever.
    We who are old now shall not leave this Battle,
    But lie at his feet , in the dust with our leader

House Carles at the Battle of Hastings

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast