Rg-militaria - Top
Display your banner here

Schickle Prinzen 1939 Spange zum Eisernen Kreuzes 2er Klasse 1914

Article about: Picked this up in a group this week, believe to be a veteran bringback. Missing a prong, but appears to be a Schickle. I am told that the Prinzen sized badges may have been for use on medal

?

Default Schickle Prinzen 1939 Spange zum Eisernen Kreuzes 2er Klasse 1914

Picked this up in a group this week, believe to be a veteran bringback. Missing a prong, but appears to be a Schickle.

I am told that the Prinzen sized badges may have been for use on medal bars, which makes sense.
    Schickle Prinzen 1939 Spange zum Eisernen Kreuzes 2er Klasse 1914Schickle Prinzen 1939 Spange zum Eisernen Kreuzes 2er Klasse 1914
    Schickle Prinzen 1939 Spange zum Eisernen Kreuzes 2er Klasse 1914Schickle Prinzen 1939 Spange zum Eisernen Kreuzes 2er Klasse 1914
    Schickle Prinzen 1939 Spange zum Eisernen Kreuzes 2er Klasse 1914

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Schickle Prinzen 1939 Spange zum Eisernen Kreuzes 2er Klasse 1914
    P
    Many

?

I believe Prinzen sized awards came about when the children of Royals wanted to dress in military uniforms like their fathers and had miniature awards made. This then was adopted by the respective parents for wear on dress uniforms and to reduce the bulk of their awarded decorations.
    Hence the term Prinzen or Prince sized.

Looking for LDO marked EK2s and items relating to U-406.....

?

So is Prinzen the appropriate term of the era for these? I assumed it was a term created by the collecting community to specify the smaller variant.

I can't recall ever seeing a photo of a kid in a Third Reich uniform complete with decorations (outside of HJ, of course)

?

The Imperial awards are more likely to be called Prinzen because it related directly to the Princes of the noble families of the states of Germany.
    The miniature or Prinzen TR awards are called that purely because of their small size. I don't know of any other awards off the top of my head that are miniaturised like the Spangen.

Looking for LDO marked EK2s and items relating to U-406.....

You are correct, it is a Schickle.
    There is one posted in this reference thread.
    1939 Spange zum Eisernen Kreuzes 2er Klasse 1914, Prinzen
    Ralph.
    Searching for anything relating to, Anton Boos, 934 Stamm. Kp. Pz. Erz. Abt. 7, 3 Kompanie, Panzer-Regiment 2, 16th Panzer-Division (My father)

I have an original 1934 Deumer sales catalog that has the smaller size
    awards labeled as "Prinzengrosse"

Being that it is from 1934 it does not show 1939 spangen but it does show that
    the term Prinzen was being used.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Schickle Prinzen 1939 Spange zum Eisernen Kreuzes 2er Klasse 1914  
    Last edited by Chopperman; 07-30-2023 at 02:41 PM.
    gregM
    Live to ride -- Ride to live

I was addicted to the "Hokey-Pokey" but I've turned
    myself around.

Nice Schickle.

An example I am yet to find for my Schickle collection.

Cheers

Jamie