Adlermilitaria - Top
Display your banner here

Ausweis fur Gartner

Article about: Hi All, I picked this up today. I doubt it's originality but it was very difficult to assess due to being in a sealed wallet (taped around the top that I didn't want to remove in view of the

Default Ausweis fur Gartner

Hi All,

I picked this up today. I doubt it's originality but it was very difficult to assess due to being in a sealed wallet (taped around the top that I didn't want to remove in view of the shop owner :p). It wasn't much so I took the gamble.

So I'm sharing it here for further opinions, although my gut feeling is it's not a genuine item especially due to the stamps and the one not fully aligned to the photo as if the photo has been reglued. Seems an odd item to fake, but I'm not the best with documents but I know that people will fake anything.

It was sold purely just as "German 1940s Pass". Inside it is issued ta a Fritz Ehrling as a Gardner in Leipzig on 23rd April 1937 (with an expiry date of 1942) It's made from a more fabric type material. I have scanned it in and taken close ups through a loupe along with a picture form the back of the photo where it is coming away from the document.

The last photo of the United States Army stamp is on the back of the modern pouch it was taped into.

If it proves to be fake then it can serve as a resource for other members and people searching for similar items.

Thanks in advance, and hope you all enjoy,
    Matt
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Ausweis fur Gartner   Ausweis fur Gartner  

Ausweis fur Gartner   Ausweis fur Gartner  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Ausweis fur Gartner
    P
    Many

I'm not able to read much but it appears to be an ausweis for a municipal gardner. Apart from the poor condition I see no issues with originality. Other, more proficient garden document collectors will opine.

It looks genuine to me.

Hi Both,

Thank you for your replies.

The seller doesn't often have the most genuine items, although their documents have been appearing to be genuine so far.

Thanks again,
    Matt
    Last edited by Steelhead10; 12-22-2023 at 06:05 PM. Reason: spelling

Hi Matt.

I agree with previous comments, it looks legit to me.

I have not seen one of these before, but it appears to be work pass associated with the Reichsnährstand organisation.

Their emblem -

Ausweis fur Gartner

The Reichsnährstand or 'State Food Society', was a government body set up in Nazi Germany to regulate food production.
    Reichsnahrstand - Wikipedia

The Reich Food and Nutrition -
    LeMO NS-Regime - NS-Organisationen - Reichsnahrstand

Kind regards,

Will.

Hi Will,

Thanks for your reply.

I'm glad it is original and more interesting than intially anticipated
    Hopefully will also provide help for people in the future if another similar example surfaces.

Kind regards,
    Matt