Wardmilitaria - Top
Display your banner here

Casualty card to Luftwaffe/SS Pioneer

Article about: Hi All, Once again I am hoping that someone may be able to help me with locating (that’s if it exists) a casualty card to Obergefreiter Jacob Esser. For the most part of his career Esser s

?

Default Casualty card to Luftwaffe/SS Pioneer

Hi All,

Once again I am hoping that someone may be able to help me with locating (that’s if it exists) a casualty card to Obergefreiter Jacob Esser. For the most part of his career Esser served with various flak units within the Luftwaffe before being transferred to an SS Pioneer unit in August 1944.

I assume he would then have been issued with an SS soldbuch which quite possibly could still be with him since his body was never recovered??

From the ‘Volksbund’ website…..

‘Jakob Esser

According to the information available to us, Jakob Esser has been missing since 01.02.1945.

We have recorded the name and the personal details of the person named above in the memorial book of the cemetery Poznan-Milostowo. You are welcome to order an extract from us. Please note that the version on display in some cemeteries is not the current version; therefore, the name of your relative may not be recorded in it.

Details zur Person:

Surname: Esser
    Forename: Jakob
    Date of birth: 18.12.1906
    Date of death/becoming missing: 01.02.1945
    Place of death/becoming missing: Gruenberg N.S./Beuthen b. Glogau/Boyadel /Dtsch. Wartenberg/Driesen/Freystadt b.’

I will be grateful for any help.

Thank you in advance,

RussCasualty card to Luftwaffe/SS PioneerCasualty card to Luftwaffe/SS PioneerCasualty card to Luftwaffe/SS PioneerCasualty card to Luftwaffe/SS PioneerCasualty card to Luftwaffe/SS PioneerCasualty card to Luftwaffe/SS Pioneer

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Casualty card to Luftwaffe/SS Pioneer
    P
    Many

Hi Russ.

I had a look for a casualty card but found nothing. They seem to become patchy in 1944 and I haven’t found one yet for anyone who died in 1945.

?

Hi Willmore,

I thought as much but thanks for looking!!

Russ

No problem bud, anytime.

Shame we drew a blank this time Russg. There are some for February 1945, but not for Jakob.