Rg-militaria - Top
Display your banner here

Gebrigsjager booklet

Article about: Hey guys, I came across this booklet on the Kurland website. I'm wondering if you have ever come across others. It says it's for the 1 div, so I'm curious if there would be one for the 4th G

Default Gebrigsjager booklet

Hey guys,

I came across this booklet on the Kurland website. I'm wondering if you have ever come across others. It says it's for the 1 div, so I'm curious if there would be one for the 4th Gebj div. It looks like it would be interesting to have, if I could find one. -Rose

Gebrigsjager bookletGebrigsjager bookletGebrigsjager bookletGebrigsjager bookletGebrigsjager booklet

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Gebrigsjager booklet
    P
    Many

Hi Rose.

A very interesting piece. While I haven't seem something like this before I would imagine that 4. Gebirgs would have something similar.

Kind regards,

Will.

A lot of such accounts of campaigns were produced for the eager German populace and armed forces to digest the stories of daring do by their warriors.

?

I don’t recall ever seeing one for 4. Geb Div but there is likely a good chance there is one, as Will suggested. I have more frequently seen such books for units of smaller structure (ex. regiment, abteilung, bataillon) as compared to a division. So I had a lengthy search and happened to luck across a wartime publishing of the division’s 1941 campaigns. There are even a few examples of it currently circulating but all are far from economical - commanding 300 to 400% that being asked for the 1. Gebirg book pictured at the start of the thread. It was only a run of 1700 copies however.

I believe many of the period titles were written by an officer or multiple from the unit. More commonly I see a unit history or campaign chronicle written by a veteran of the unit often published 1-4 decades after the war had ended. That is an avenue you could pursue if it did not have to be period. Checking the reference section of any newer title can dig up leads if the author exhausted their resources thus incorporating old, primary source texts into their own research.

Regards, Ben

Thanks for the tip Ben! Small fun question, Are you in Wisconsin...do you actually eat lutefisk? ( never had it) HAHA

Take care, -Rose

?

Hi Rose,

I am from Wisconsin and still here. Near the “lutefisk highway” for the locals that are familiar with that title, as there are many other names used to describe this area of the state. I really like lutefisk but I know most people do not. Not often can you find it besides at the Lutheran churches or at the Christmas dinner table. Floated in butter and sunk in pepper is a common saying for how many people choke it down but you do not need either. I think it fine without, and even better on a piece of lefse. It is an element of the roots I embrace since my family largely survived on seafood including lutefisk for centuries as they lived along the Norwegian Sea, in the Vestfjorden.

Regards, Ben

Hi Ben! It's great to keep up with your roots, (mine are mostly german..i think) I certainly would try it if I had the chance. Don't think I'd find it down here in Ks tho. -Rose

?

Here are a handful of titles about 4. Gebirgs Division that could be of interest:

Marschweg Enz 1941 (Gebirgsjäger Weltkrieg 4. Gebirgs-Division) by Oberstleutnant Manz and Unteroffizier Jupp Rubner [1941]

Enzian und Edelweiß 4. Gebirgsdivision 1940-45 Balkan Russland Rumänien Ungarn Slowakei by Generalleutnant Julius Braun [1955]

Vormarsch Anno 41. Band 1: Lemberg. Den Toten und den Überlebenden der Aufklärungs-Abteilung 94 by Dr. Lutz Hatzfeld [1975]

Vormarsch Anno 41. Band 2: Uman. Mit der Geb.AA 94 bei dem Durchbruch durch die Stalin-Linie, der Einnahme von Winniza, dem Vorstoß auf Uman und der Kesselschlacht, Höhe 203 by Dr. Lutz Hatzfeld [1975]

Vormarsch Anno 41. Band 3: Vorausabteilung Wolfmeyer. Mit der 4. Gebirgs-Division in den Schlachten in der Nogaika und am Asowschen Meer by Dr. Lutz Hatzfeld [1976]

Der Bergkrieg im Kaukasus: Die deutsche Gebirgstruppe 1942 by Oberleutnant Alex Buchner [1977]

Gebirgssoldaten unter dem Zeichen des "Enzian". Schicksalsweg und Kampf der 4. Gebirgs-Division 1940 - 1945 by Roland Kaltenegger [1983]

Gebirgsjäger an allen Fronten. Berichte von den Kämpfen der deutschen Gebirgsdivision im 2.Weltkrieg by Oberleutnant Alex Buchner [1984]

Edelweiß und Enzian: Die Kriegschronik der 4. Gebirgs-Division 1940-1945 by Roland Kaltenegger [2006]

Thanks Ben. I appreciate the list!