Ratisbon's - Top
Display your banner here

Halbe hoard Wehrpass & Stammkarte

Article about: Today I added this salty SS Wehrpass and SS Stammkarte to my collection of "been there" items. The Wehrpass was issued to Heinrich Timmermann who was born Kirchwerder in SE Hamburg

Jan
    ?

Default Halbe hoard SS Wehrpass & Stammkarte

Today I added this salty SS Wehrpass and SS Stammkarte to my collection of "been there" items.

The Wehrpass was issued to Heinrich Timmermann born in Kirchwerder in SE Hamburg on the 26th of April 1926. Heinrich was a member of the "Reichsarbeitsdienst" from 1942-1944 and volunteered for service in the the Waffen SS on the 25th of March 1944. On the 1st of September 1944 he joined the 6. Kompanie/ SS-Panzer-Grenadier-Regiment “Schill”. .

Heinrich had just turned 19 when his unit was caught up in the "Halbe Kessel". The German breakout attempt resulted in the battle of Halbe lasting from the 24th of April 24 to May 1, 1945. After heavy fighting, about 30,000 German soldiers—just over one third of those originally in the pocket—reached the comparative safety of the Twelfth Army's front lines. The rest were either killed or captured by Soviet forces.

Heinrich Timmermanns Wehrpass and Stammkarte was found in the famous Halbe hoard find, a box full of Wehrpasses other documents dug up in the Halbe Kessel in the 1990's.

I will post better pictures when I receive the items.

Best,

Jan
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Halbe hoard Wehrpass & Stammkarte   Halbe hoard Wehrpass & Stammkarte  

Halbe hoard Wehrpass & Stammkarte  
    Last edited by Jan; 01-25-2022 at 10:22 AM.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Halbe hoard Wehrpass & Stammkarte
    P
    Many

Hi Jan.

What a great addition to your collection.

Here is a thread with some information about this topic.
    An allegedly german officer document crate

Kind regards,

Will
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Halbe hoard Wehrpass & Stammkarte   Halbe hoard Wehrpass & Stammkarte  

Attached Images Attached Images Halbe hoard Wehrpass & Stammkarte 

Jan
    ?

Thanks Will,

I wonder were all the other Wehrpasses and documents are at the moment (and of couse the box itself)

Best, Jan

No problem Jan.

That is a very interesting question for sure. Over the years I have seen several documents for sale or on forums, so would assume the majority of the hoard and box are now in private hands. It would have been nice to have had the opportunity to study/research the group as a whole.

Kind regards,

Will.

Jan
    ?

If somebody owns a Halbe hoard document please post it here

Best,

Jan

I'm looking forward to you sharing the contents of this WP with us Jan.