Marna Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Help with entries in a SS- Gebirgsjager Regiment Soldbuch

Article about: Hi folks, I have recently bought a soldbuch to what looks like Oberscharfuhrer Wilhelm Spreuger (a standard Heer soldbuch, not an SS one) who served with VT regiment Germania, the SS- Gebirg

Hi Jan.

Now, I believe it says Braun (brown).

This is based on the similarities between the first word and the word in the section below - gamaschen (Gaiters).

Note the similarities in the A (red arrow) and N (blue arrow).

I am not sure about the second word.

It could be Trißot or Trirot, but I can’t find any translation of either words.
    Attached Images Attached Images Help with entries in a  SS- Gebirgsjager Regiment Soldbuch 

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Help with entries in a  SS- Gebirgsjager Regiment Soldbuch
    P
    Many

Jan
    ?

Thanks a lot "Braunhemd Trikot" is the most likely interpretation (trikot is a type of textile).

Here´s an excellent thread on this garment from this forum

SS Braunhemd

Best, Jan

Very interesting, thank you for the link Jan!

?

in times of dire strait's, did the MUSIC KORPS, ever go into the fray?

Quote by toot View Post
    in times of dire strait's, did the MUSIC KORPS, ever go into the fray?
    That’s a really good question.

Every member of the Music Korp would have been trained in the use of small arms as part of their military service, so I’d imagine that they could have fought if needed.

Here is an example of an entry from a krankenträger Wehrstammbuch. You can see he was trained to use the k98, but it states his primary use was as a stretcher bearer.

Training - (Small arms and courses)
    Gewehr 98k

Krankenträgerausbidung (Stretcher Bearer Training)

Zu verwenden (To use)

in erster linie als : Krankenträger (primarily as: Stretcher bearer)
    in zweiter linie als : Gewehr Schütze (secondly as: rifle marksman)
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Help with entries in a  SS- Gebirgsjager Regiment Soldbuch  
    Last edited by Willmore; 03-13-2021 at 01:02 PM.

?

Just a quick question, was it normal for the S.S. mans photo to be from a personal picture, as we see here it looks like a family portrait cutout and stapled into the book, no border, just a cut photo, Just curious .. G
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Help with entries in a  SS- Gebirgsjager Regiment Soldbuch  
    I'd rather be A "RaD Man than a Mad Man "

?

it was definitely stamper over twice after it was steepled twice to the SOLDBUCH. what do you make of that? I see what you mean, about family picture.

Jan
    ?

Personally I have no problem with a family photo such as this in a Soldbuch, it´s a little different yes but he was a musician so this could explain this . Personally I am more curious about how he was issued a Heer Soldbuch and not an SS one.

Here´s a picture of The SS Nord Musik Korps during a parade in Hanko S. Finland in July 1943.

Best, Jan
    Last edited by Jan; 03-13-2021 at 04:50 PM.

?

Hi,

Thanks for all your replies.

Regarding any combat, he was issued with a pistol on 1st October 1943 and a gewehr 33/40 in 22nd February 1945 (which I believe was issued exclusively to mountain troops) so I assume he was trained to use them. This doesn't prove he was in any fighting but it does suggest that he was trained with weapons.

Regarding the use of a heer soldbuch, I don't think that it was that uncommon for them to be used by the SS but others will know better that me.

Russ

Help with entries in a  SS- Gebirgsjager Regiment SoldbuchHelp with entries in a  SS- Gebirgsjager Regiment Soldbuch

?

Hi All,

After some time I decided to re-visit the 'SS-Gebirgsjager' soldbuch and discovered that I had miss-spelt his name. It is not 'Spreuger' as I thought but 'Sprenger' and searching through the 'Volksbund' website it seems that he was in fact killed in action (presumably) on 14th March 1945 and is buried in the boppard-buchholz cemetry.

I wondered therefore if there was a casualty card?

Many thanks in advance,

Russ

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast