Rg-militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Help with name on wehrpass

Article about: Hi all, I have recently bought a wehrpass to an SS-Sturmmann with the 10th SS Panzer Division "Frundsberg" but I'm struggling with the soldiers name. I thought it may be Xaver Fran

?

Thanks BlackCat1982,

Actually, when I received the wehrpass my first thought was 'Volm' but decided to opt for 'Kolm' when I posted.

Like you I checked the 'Volksbund' database but couldn't cross-reference the name and date of birth.

Kind regards,

Russ

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Help with name on wehrpass
    P
    Many

Quote by russg View Post
    Thanks BlackCat1982,

Actually, when I received the wehrpass my first thought was 'Volm' but decided to opt for 'Kolm' when I posted.

Like you I checked the 'Volksbund' database but couldn't cross-reference the name and date of birth.

Kind regards,

Russ
    I went through the DRK missing lists for both Volm and Kolm with no hits, but its entirely possible he was not a casualty but to be 100% positive on his name would help. Still another great Wehrpass to own. One thing that was very obvious among the MIA lists was that those member of Frundsberg who joined later in the war, or were listed among the replacement kompanie were drawn from all services, not just the Waffen SS. Their portrait photos illustrates this well.

Quote by BlackCat1982 View Post
    I've just been through all the MIA's for Pz Gren Rgt 22 as well as Sanitäts Abteilung 10 and Frundsberg MIA's in general across the Division and there is no one named Volm among them. I didn't check VDK database against Volm.

Just checked VDK database, there are 500 casualties with the surname Volm. But none with the same date of birth.
    Anyway, the Surname 'Volm' is more common in Germany than the Surname 'Kolm'.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3