MilitaryHarbor - Top
Display your banner here

Is this Landwacht Nederland Soldbuch grouping original?

Article about: Is this Landwacht Nederland Soldbuch grouping all original. It looks legit at first glance but I found a few inconsistensies. In the 3rd and 12th picture it say 3rd battelion, 4th company wi

Default Is this Landwacht Nederland Soldbuch grouping original?

Is this Landwacht Nederland Soldbuch grouping all original. It looks legit at first glance but I found a few inconsistensies. In the 3rd and 14th picture it say 3rd battelion, 4th company with a signature by commander Johannes H Smit. But on the incident report it says 3rd battelion, 12th company. The second thing is that his soldbuch says he got an carcano on the 3rd of january 1945 eventhough the incident report says he shot at a fleeing desserter the day before he got the carcano. The 10th picture with his kids names has some faults too. His adress is Mosweg 5 on the left document but on every other document in the grouping it's Mosweg 45. Also on the left document it's says his daughter was born on 26-06-1942 but on the right document it says 24-06-1942. The document on the 12th picture also say 24-06-1942. The left document has a different writing style than the right. Are these just human mistakes that were made during the war or is this document grouping not (all) original? Or am I wrong?
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Is this Landwacht Nederland Soldbuch grouping original?   Is this Landwacht Nederland Soldbuch grouping original?  

Is this Landwacht Nederland Soldbuch grouping original?   Is this Landwacht Nederland Soldbuch grouping original?  

Is this Landwacht Nederland Soldbuch grouping original?   Is this Landwacht Nederland Soldbuch grouping original?  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Is this Landwacht Nederland Soldbuch grouping original?
    P
    Many

More pictures
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Is this Landwacht Nederland Soldbuch grouping original?   Is this Landwacht Nederland Soldbuch grouping original?  

Is this Landwacht Nederland Soldbuch grouping original?  

?

I am not an expert on documents, but at least I can read what they say .

The Landwacht was a paramilitary organization subordinate to the SS, often carrying out a sort of police tasks, such as hunting resistance fighters.

These guys were in general not the brightest lights in the country, but their position made them feel important and they were quite fanatical. Lambers was a peat laborer from profession and I doubt his education went beyond primary school. He also sometimes misspelled the place where he lived, Klazinaveen instead of Klazienaveen.

The report on the shooting incident does not mention what gun he used to shoot. It could have been a hunting shotgun, a pistol or a revolver. Maybe the fact that all 4 shots missed the fugitive on the run was the reason to issue him with an Italian rifle, we don’t know.

All in all the documents make a genuine impression, to me as a layman.
    Last edited by Kilian; 08-27-2023 at 04:02 PM.

Not something Ive seen before and have nothing to compare it with. However I'm sure there will be some who can further your queries with information.