Griffin Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

Luftwaffe Wehrpass

Article about: Hey all I have a luftwaffe Wehrpass which someone (Will) very nicely translated the key points on my youtube channel. Just sharing it here for you to see "From the personal information

Default Luftwaffe Wehrpass

Hey all

I have a luftwaffe Wehrpass which someone (Will) very nicely translated the key points on my youtube channel. Just sharing it here for you to see

"From the personal information on page 3, his name looks like Walter Paul Diersche, born 13.12.1904, his religion is noted as Lutheran, he was married on 13.10.1935 and had one child. By trade he was a Schlosser and maschinearbeiter, which means he was trained as a locksmith and was a machine worker. On page 12 some of his units are 3./Kompanie Luftwaffe Bau Bataillon, which means 3rd Company Luftwaffe Construction battalion. 4./Batterie Schwere Flak Abteilung 365, which means 4th Battery of Heavy Flak Unit 365 and finally 1./Batterie Leichte Flak Abteilung 734, which means 1./Battery Light Flak Unit 734. Page 20 says Miliar Grundausbilding (Basic Military training) on Gewehr 98k. Page 21 shows his various training courses, eg Flak. On page 32 I can see he was in western France and participated in the war against England. I can see Ostfront and finally Italy. Leichte Flak Abteilung 734 was in Italy in 1944 so this fits in nicely. On page 46, the bottom two entries are for are Mütze (hat) size and Stiefel (boot) size. If you would like any of your documents translated head over to the warrelicsforum. They have a really good German documents section there"
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Luftwaffe Wehrpass   Luftwaffe Wehrpass  

Luftwaffe Wehrpass   Luftwaffe Wehrpass  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Luftwaffe Wehrpass
    P
    Many

Hi Liam.

Thank you for sharing this with us.

I have orientated your photos and added a little extra information.

Luftwaffe Wehrpass

Luftwaffe Wehrpass

Page 2 -

The Wehrpaß was opened in Dresden on the 9th of May 1940.

Luftwaffe Wehrpass

Page 3 (personal information) -

I would read his name as Walter Paul Diersche, he was born on the 13th of December 1904 in Potschappel which is a municipality in the district of Freital, Dresden.

His religion is noted as Evangelisch-lutherische (Evangelical Lutheran), he was married (verh = verheiratet) on the 13th of October 1935 and had one child.

He was trained as a locksmith (Schlosser) and was a machine worker (machinearbeiter) by profession. At the bottom of the page it notes that his fathers namewas Paul and his mothers name was Marie.

Luftwaffe Wehrpass

Page 4 (information about the person) -

The top of the page shows he had his compulsory education (Volksschule) and below that are the details of his next of kin.

Page 5 (mustering) -

At the top right of the page it is noted that he was a conscript (Wehrpflichtiger) and he was classed as fit for war use (Kriegsverwendungsfähig).

Luftwaffe Wehrpass

Page 11 (active military service) -

He swore his oath on the 14th of September 1940.

Luftwaffe Wehrpass

Page 12 (units served in) -

2.9.40 - 10.10.40 - 3./Kompanie Luftwaffen Bau Bataillon 6/XIII
    11.10.40 - 10.10.41 - Luftwaffe Baukompanie 2/1/XII
    11.10.41 - 3.11.41 - A u E Stelle d L Kdos XII (Annahme und Entlassungsstelle der Luftgaukommando XII)
    4.11.41 - 3.11.42 - 2./Kompanie luftwaffe Bau Bataillon 1/XII
    22.11.42 - 31.8.1943 - 4./Batterie schwere Flak Abteilung 365
    5.9.43 - 24.8.44 - Stab*/schwere Flak Abteilung 365
    ***44 - 1./Batterie leichte Flak Abteilung 734

Luftwaffen-Bau-Bataillone (Construction units) -
    Luftwaffen-Bau-Bataillon

schwere Flak Abteiling 365 (Heavy Flak unit) -
    schwere Flak-Abteilung 365

Here is a photo album for a soldier from 3./Batterie schwere Flak Abteilung 365 -
    Luft 3/365 Photo album

leichte Flak aAbteilung 734 (Light Flak unit) -
    leichte Flak-Abteilung 734

22. Flak-Brigade -
    22. Flak-Brigade

Luftwaffe Wehrpass

Page 20 (weapons training) -

Miliar Grundausbilding (Basic Military training)
    Gewehr 98k

Page 21 - (training courses)

Einheit: Nr 902 - Lufwaffe Bautruppe Ausbildungszweige 906 Allgemeines Truppendienstpersonal
    vom 11.12.40 - 16.5.41 Arbeitslaub (Unit: No. 902 - Air Force Construction Troop Training Departments 906 General Troop Service Personnel from 11.12.40 - 16.5.41 working holiday

Flakwaffen Anwärter Lehrgang (Flak Weapons Candidate Course)

Luftwaffe Wehrpass

Page 22 - (promotions)

Gefreiter
    Obergefreiter

Luftwaffe Wehrpass

Luftwaffe Wehrpass

Page 32 - (active service)

7.9.40 - 10.10.40 - Fronttruppe (Operationsgebiet West)
    11.10.40 - 10.10.41 - Verwendung im Einsatzgebeit Westfrankreich im Krieg gegan England
    4.11.41 - 13.4.42 - Einsatz im besatzungsgebiet West Frankreich Kampf der Luftwaffe gegen England
    14.4.42 - 21.11.42 - Einsatz im Operationssgebiet der Ostfront
    22.11.42 bis Verteidigung Kriegs und lebenswichtiger Anlagen im heimatkriegsgebiet gegen Luftangriff. (Feindschuß an 13 tagen)
    31.8.43 - Abwehr Englisher Großangriffe ??? Raum ???? München nacht 2/3.12.42
    10.9.43 - 12.9.43 - Besetzgung der stadt Turin Und ????? Der Italianischen Truppen
    13.9.43 bis 24.8.44 - Eingesetzt im Bereich der General flakartillerie süd zur Verteidigung der Bodenorganisationen und Kriegswichtigen Anlagen in Italien gegen Luft und Erdangriffe

7.9.40- 10.10.40 - Front-line troops area of operations west
    11.10.40 - 10.10.41 - Used in the field of operations in western France during the war against England
    4.11.41 - 13.4.42 - Deployment in the occupied territory of west France Battle of the Luftwaffe against England
    14.4.42 - 21.11.42 - Deployment in the eastern Front area of operations
    22.11.42 to - Defence of war and vital installations in the home war zone against air attack. (Enemy shot on 13 days)
    31.8.43 - Defence against English large-scale attacks ??? area ???? Munich night 2/3.12.42
    10.9.43 - 12.9.43 - Occupation of the city of Turin and ????? of the Italian troops
    13.9.43 to 24.8.1944 - Used in the area of the General Anti-Aircraft Artillery South, for the defence of ground organisations and wartime installations in Italy against air and ground attacks

Luftwaffe Wehrpass

Luftwaffe Wehrpass

Kind regards,

Will.
    Last edited by Willmore; 11-10-2023 at 09:22 PM.

Thank you very much Will, this is fascinating stuff to read! Unfortunatley I couldn't find him on Grabersuche-Online | Volksbund Deutsche Kriegsgraberfursorge e. V. to get more info. Seems like he was certainly in the army for a while and this book really contains a decent amount of information about him. Thanks again

My pleasure Liam.

I could not find any information about Walter on Volksbund or Ancestry either. Based on his unit I would say that he was taken prisoner or surrendered in Italy and survived the war.

Kind regards,

Will.

Nice Soldbuch. Willmore or others may be able to confirm, but I think he also had dental issues? I think the A39 note on page 26 refers to this.