MilitaryHarbor - Top
Display your banner here

my pioneer soldbuch

Article about: i posted this a few years ago on other forums but not here. i am not sure why so i will share it now.

Default my pioneer soldbuch

i posted this a few years ago on other forums but not here. i am not sure why so i will share it now.
    my pioneer soldbuch
    my pioneer soldbuch
    my pioneer soldbuch
    my pioneer soldbuch
    my pioneer soldbuch
    my pioneer soldbuch
    my pioneer soldbuch
    Parental information including his mother's maiden name
    my pioneer soldbuch
    my pioneer soldbuch
    Issue information for uniform items...Stahlhelm (helmet)....Feldmutze (field cap)....Tornister (balaclava)
    my pioneer soldbuch
    Last edited by jeeplover; 02-02-2024 at 01:40 PM.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement my pioneer soldbuch
    P
    Many

my pioneer soldbuch
    my pioneer soldbuch
    my pioneer soldbuch
    my pioneer soldbuch
    Equipment page: Rifle, pistol, bayonet, compass, binoculars, spaten is shovel....On another page, he was issued a K43
    my pioneer soldbuch
    my pioneer soldbuch
    my pioneer soldbuch
    my pioneer soldbuch
    my pioneer soldbuch
    my pioneer soldbuch
    These two pages show some items he was issued and his immunizations (shots)....The left page has gasplane (gas sheet). 2 verbandspackonen (first aid packs) along with 2 packages of ointment(?)....Further down is gasraumprufung which is likely testing of the gas mask in a type of chamber....Somewhat odd considering the war would be over in another nine months....Unless the Germans expected gas to be used by the allies or themselves....The first shot is small pox, second one is typhus, and the fourth Cholera
    my pioneer soldbuch
    These pages deal with the eyes and potential corrective lenses
    Last edited by jeeplover; 02-02-2024 at 01:39 PM.

my pioneer soldbuch
    my pioneer soldbuch
    PFC. Frz. Kl. O. U., on 22./II.1944.
    1st/Pi 357
    When I was on the way to my room on 21./II.44 at about 19 30h, I passed Uffz.-Stube No75,
    when Sergeant Weigand came out of this room behind me and called after me whether I wanted
    something from him. I went on since I did not know that this question was directed at me.
    I stopped at my bed and Serg. Weigand came to me, and I immediately noticed that he was drunk.
    Because I did not stand at attention in front of him in his condition, he wanted to let me "lie down",
    grabbed me by the chest, and finally pulled out a pistol, but he put it back in his pocket.
    Finally, he called me a "cowardly fox" and then went to the Sergeant Major.
    PFC. Fr. Kl.)))
    my pioneer soldbuch
    my pioneer soldbuch
    my pioneer soldbuch
    my pioneer soldbuch
    my pioneer soldbuch
    my pioneer soldbuch
    my pioneer soldbuch
    Last edited by jeeplover; 02-01-2024 at 04:13 PM.

i will post what info i have
    ((((He was awarded:

- (can´t read)
    - Iron Cross 2nd class
    - Wound Badge silver
    - Wound Badge gold

He was wounded:

- shrapnel lower thigh (Sept. 11 1941)
    - wounded by handgrenade, mine or artillery (code 31b, entries March 23, 29.(?), April 2 43)
    - wounded 31b again (Sept. 11 1943)
    - shrapnel right forearm (probably linked to the entry before, Sept. 11 43)
    - something lower thigh, hard to read (Jan. 25 1944)
    - shrapnel left cheek (March 31 1944)
    The short note, dated Dec. 11 1940, confirms he is left-handed.)))))

(((not often seen he was issued Polish war booty rifle and hes last one was G43 pretty cool)))

(((Looking at the portrait picture the first entry on the award page should be for the General Assault Badge. I actually think I can decypher the word "Sturmabzeichen" next to the date....

Also, it seems like he exclusively saw action on the Russian front... Smolensk, Moscow, Orel, Radom, Tarnopol, Carpathians, just to name a few places of 137. and 357. ID. This guy saw a lot for sure.

His last rank is "Unteroffizier" (Corporal,NCO),)))

link to the memorial in his hometown

Hof bei Salzburg (Kirche), Bezirk Salzburg-Umgebung, Salzburg, Osterreich

(((The Meldung is written by your Soldbuch owner about a run-in he had an Unteroffizier who was drunk.
    This is the translation of the letter:

PFC. Frz. Kl. O. U., on 22./II.1944.
    1st/Pi 357

When I was on the way to my room on 21./II.44 at about 19 30h, I passed Uffz.-Stube No75,
    when Sergeant Weigand came out of this room behind me and called after me whether I wanted
    something from him. I went on since I did not know that this question was directed at me.
    I stopped at my bed and Serg. Weigand came to me, and I immediately noticed that he was drunk.
    Because I did not stand at attention in front of him in his condition, he wanted to let me "lie down",
    grabbed me by the chest, and finally pulled out a pistol, but he put it back in his pocket.
    Finally, he called me a "cowardly fox" and then went to the Sergeant Major.

PFC. Fr. Kl.)))
    this is all the info i have he did not survive the war. i know the uniform is not his but i added it because they were bought together. enjoy
    all this info was provided to me by others who were kind enough to help. link to the post a few years ago

http://https://www.wehrmacht-awards....neer-soldbuchs

Hi there.

Really interesting Soldbuch, thank you for sharing it with us.

The letter about the interaction with the drunken Uffz is really great. I would also read Sturmabzeichen for the first award.

Kind regards,

Will.

You're very welcome not sure why I didn't share it here before but better late than never

Very nice soldbuch. I think the uniform is great. I do the same with soldbuchs and medals. I buy the book do research (what I can) and buy the medals he earned. I one day hope to buy a uniform but thats likely not going to happen with the prices. He definitely earned a gold wound badge with all those wounds. Nice book! -Rose