Ratisbon's - Top
Display your banner here

Need Help Translating Cover Of Wehrpass

Article about: I'm considering buying this Wehrpas but I can't make out what's written on the cover. I'll include photos of the first few pages if it helps. Thanks in advance for any help. Also, I'm not su

Default Need Help Translating Cover Of Wehrpass

I'm considering buying this Wehrpas from a pawn shop but I can't make out what's written on the cover. I'll include photos of the first few pages if it helps. The shop also has a black wound badge and a German Eagle Order 1st class. Thanks in advance for any help.
    Also, I'm not sure why they're sideways.

Need Help Translating Cover Of WehrpassNeed Help Translating Cover Of WehrpassNeed Help Translating Cover Of Wehrpass

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Need Help Translating Cover Of Wehrpass
    P
    Many

Hi there.

I can't read what is written on the front cover, but the 13 might point to it being an address of some kind.

His name is Johann Strobel, he was born in Iber, Kreis Amberg on the 6th of October 1902 and was a Miner by profession. Given his age, occupation and lack of dogtag information I would guess he did not see active service.

If you are using a mobile/cell phone to take your photos, always take them in landscape mode and they will be orientated correctly when you upload them.

Kind regards,

Will.

?

The first part of the writing on the cover looks to start with Eberhards-’ to me. I would think it would be Eberhardstraße 13 although the ending does not appear to resemble that. As Will mentioned, he may not have seen active service with the lack of tag information. He is of the right age to have been fighting at the front in a Landesschützen Regiment. Otherwise he could have been in the Volkssturm at the end of the war. The pages that contain service info would prove or disprove any of the possibilities.

Front Cover says "Eberhardsbuehl 13, Post Edelsfeld". Eberhardsbuehl is a Location in County of Amberg-Sulzbach (Bavaria), Town of Edelsfeld.