Adlermilitaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

normandy or not ?

Article about: greetings could anyone assist me with this potential normandy soldbuch , the question is , was this soldier with 922 on dday and then escape before the regiments destruction thanks

Default normandy or not ?

greetings

could anyone assist me with this potential normandy soldbuch , the question is , was this soldier with 922 on dday and then escape before the regiments destruction

thanks

normandy or not ?normandy or not ?normandy or not ?normandy or not ?normandy or not ?normandy or not ?normandy or not ?normandy or not ?normandy or not ?normandy or not ?normandy or not ?normandy or not ?normandy or not ?

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement normandy or not ?
    P
    Many

Willmore or Blackcat will be along shortly and can answer those questions

Regards Larry
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill

Hi Cobbler.

Grenadier Regiment 922 -
    Raised 15 July 1943 at Döllersheim as a native regiment of the 243rd Infantry Division . The regiment was broken up and disbanded in Cherbourg in June 1944.
    Lexikon der Wehrmacht

Grenadier-Regiment 922 (Oberstleutnant Franz Müller – CP: Le Haguais hamlet at Pierreville)
    I./922
    II./922
    III./922 (CP: Hamel-Duval) <---- Gerhards unit
    243. Infanterie-Division (Wehrmacht) – Battle of Normandy – 1944 - D-Day Overlord

Here is some detail about the sector that Grenadier Regiment 922 were in -

Coastal Defense Sector 7-J1 / Kusten-Verteidigungs-Abschnitt 7-J1 :

His Regiment was definitely in Normandy and it looks like he may have survived the war. But the photos are quite blurred and are missing some details so I can't make out some of the units.

If you can tell me his date of birth on page 3 I can check to see if he survived the war.

On page 3 it says he joined 13./Kompanie Grenadier Regiment 922 and is dated 2.3.1944.

On page 13 I can't read the full unit stamp, but maybe ??? ers. komp. 462 and is dated 1.9.1944

On page 20 I do see some feldpost numbers whch correspond to -

59571 (30.6.1944)
    (12.3.1943-7.9.1943) Stab II u. 5.-8. Kompanie Infanterie-Regiment 922,
    (8.9.1943-22.4.1944) 3.2.1944 Stab II u. 5.-8. Kompanie Grenadier-Regiment 922,
    (25.11.1944-8.5.1945) 23.2.1945 gestrichen.

38091 (20.7.1944)
    (Mobilmachung-1.1.1940) Kraftfahr-Park 538
    (1.3.1942-7.9.1942) Kraftfahr-Park-Kompanie 538
    (8.9.1942-11.3.1943) Werkstatt-Zug I AOK 7
    (12.3.1943-7.9.1943) Kraftfahr-Park 676.

On page 22 it says he was awarded the Kriegsverdienstkreuz 2. klasse mit Schwertern and is dated 20.4.1945, but I can't read the unit stamp.

On page 23 I can't read the stamp, but it is dated 5.12.1944

So it looks like he was in Normandy, but after Grenadier Regiment 922 was disbanded, he was transferred, but I can't say where he went because I can't make out the unit stamps.

I hope this helps.

Kind regards,

Will.

Unless there is a date for June-August 1944 with a unit stamp or entry for Gren.Rgt 922 it is all down to assumptions. Unlike a Wehrpass which has dates for units, with a Soldbuch you need to go through every single page and note down every single entry with the date and relevant unit and form a timeline. You will then get a better idea of what he did or didn't do but even then it won't be 100% accurate as you won't know exact dates he joined or left a unit or if he was away from his unit on a course for a certain time.

And secondly, is it just me or do the stamp marks on the photo on the inside cover not line up with the stamp on the actual cover itself, especially the one on the lower right?

dob 14.10.12
    i believe he survived the war ending as a pow

apricate all your help

Quote by cobbler32 View Post
    i believe he survived the war ending as a pow
    The struck out swastikas on the stamps would tend to support that ......
    " I'm putting off procrastination until next week "

yea that was me ,i blanked out the swas as it causesto many issues posting , all though your correct the front cover swas is blanked out , i belive he moved to the 100 jager div serving in Hungary and endedas a pow

Hello Cobbler ..I can assure you on this forum it would NOT be an issue as this website studies history and everything posted in all forms is relevant ...just for any future postings.

Regards Larry
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill

Quote by cobbler32 View Post
    yea that was me ,i blanked out the swas as it causesto many issues posting , all though your correct the front cover swas is blanked out , i belive he moved to the 100 jager div serving in Hungary and endedas a pow
    Interesting Soldbuch cobbler32. I can't distinguish where you are getting the references to his fate in 1945. Certainly he doesn't appear as a loss on the VDK database but I can't read the unit he was in during April 1945. Thanks for posting.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast