Marna Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

Soldbuch - Klaus Schmidt question about battle wound

Article about: Hello friends, I just received this Soldbuch of Klaus Schmidt. He entered the war at an older age - past 30. I am particularly interested in his lengthy time in Lazarett and the notation by

Default Soldbuch - Klaus Schmidt question about battle wound

Hello friends, I just received this Soldbuch of Klaus Schmidt. He entered the war at an older age - past 30. I am particularly interested in his lengthy time in Lazarett and the notation by stamp Kriegs-Verw. Insp. I assume this means he suffered a combat wound. The notations are very jumbled and I have little experience deciphering them so I am looking to the group for help. Thanks for any input. Neil

Soldbuch - Klaus Schmidt question about battle woundSoldbuch - Klaus Schmidt question about battle woundSoldbuch - Klaus Schmidt question about battle woundSoldbuch - Klaus Schmidt question about battle wound
    Last edited by Neil Hever; 08-14-2020 at 08:25 PM.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Soldbuch - Klaus Schmidt question about battle wound
    P
    Many

The bits that denote a combat wound are the numbers, in this case 31a which is the medical code for bullet wounds. He first went in to hospital on 18th August 1942 and emerged from the system on 20th December 1942 when he was assigned to Infanterie-Ersatz-Btl 465 to recover.
    He next went in on 4th August 1943 with a bullet wound and came out on 6th January 1941, His third time was on 25th September 1944 (bullet wounds again) to 17th October 1944 and his final stint was from 11th March 1945 to 7th April 1945.
    Kriegs-Verw.Insp is just the signers rank/position, Kriegsverwaltungsinspektor which was a sort of civil servant holding a military rank (Beamte).

A brave soldier, clearly familiar with being in the action.

Quote by BlackCat1982 View Post
    A brave soldier, clearly familiar with being in the action.
    Could of done with ducking a bit more though!

Quote by Neil Hever View Post
    Hello friends, I just received this Soldbuch of Klaus Schmidt. He entered the war at an older age - past 30. I am particularly interested in his lengthy time in Lazarett and the notation by stamp Kriegs-Verw. Insp. I assume this means he suffered a combat wound. The notations are very jumbled and I have little experience deciphering them so I am looking to the group for help. Thanks for any input. Neil

Soldbuch - Klaus Schmidt question about battle woundSoldbuch - Klaus Schmidt question about battle wound
    If the penciled numbers at the top of the first page are indeed POW identification ( as mine appears to be ) then he must have been?
    " I'm putting off procrastination until next week "

Quote by Danmark View Post
    If the penciled numbers at the top of the first page are indeed POW identification ( as mine appears to be ) then he must have been?
    If that is what it denotes then it is certainly possible.