Marna Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

SS Ausweis für Sicherheitsdienst

Article about: Good day I can't find another example of this type of Ausweis so am assuming it is a total fantasy. Thanks

If these were not bad enough. The poor German is also another huge red flag.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement SS Ausweis für Sicherheitsdienst
    P
    Many

Thanks everyone. I told the auction company but they still sold it for £70. The Knights Cross was unsold with a top bid of £38,000 because it didn't reach the £40k reserve. I was listening to the auction. The auctioneer didn't push very hard so I suspect they were quite relieved that they could hand this lot plus an oak leaf with diamonds and swords and a German Order 1st class which also went unsold. Both the latter two were so obviously fakes and the German Order didn't get a single bid against a start price of £15,000.

?

What auction house? Need to know what to avoid.

An oblong material identity patch relating to the Nazi SS, 13 x 9.5cm

It is advertised as Hansons but the actual auction took place at Holloway's in Banbury. I think they must have been taken over by Hansons or the other way around. Hanson, Holloway's & Ross Auctioneers in Banbury, Oxfordshire | Fine art, Jewellery, Antiques

Hansons took them over.

Since I left there anything goes! A total joke....
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

From their website:

"Before you bid on your new piece you should satisfy yourself as to the condition and authenticity of the item. The best way to do this is to ensure that you inspect the item thoroughly. It's very good practise to request a detailed condition report, additional images and any other bits of information (such as the provenance of an item) from the auctioneer.

On every lot page, you'll see an 'Ask a question' link. Use this for requesting additional details about the item from the auction house.

It's also not a bad idea to do some research on the type of item to see what they usually go for".

Another case of caveat emptor. Do not rely on the auction house to bale you out if the item turns out to be a dud.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2