Marna Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Wehrpass to Oberfeldwebel Willy Pöllmann. Need help with some handwriting

Article about: Hi all, Picked up a Wehrpass to the above man in Berlin. Lots of paperwork included that was (thankfully) typed, and his death cards. Oberfeldwebel Willy Pöllmann, born October 3, 1913 in R

I cannot make out all in the letter but this is what I can read...

Möchte Dir schnell noch viele liebe Grüsse schicken, nachdem ich gerade wieder etwas Zeit habe, mich für meine Post zu interessieren.
    Bist Du auch noch gesund? Ich hoffe es vor allen Dingen.
    Ich bin auch noch gesund. Wir sind auch wieder eingesetzt in Gegend ...(?) (Donez).
    Von Albert habe ich auch wieder Post erhalten. Er kümmert sich auch so viel im Dich. Hoffentlich bliebst Du noch gesund, liebe Mutter, dann wird schon alles wieder gut werden.

Nun, was sagst Du zur Landung der Amerikanerin Sizilien. Wir müssen halt mal abwarten - das kann ja eigentlich nicht gefährlich werden für Italien und nicht zuletzt für uns. Es wird sich schon wieder zum besten drehen.
    Ist Tante Marie und Onkel Alois schon bei Dir gewesen. Anfang August wollten sie doch kommen, oder.
    Also, meine liebe Mutter bleibe wieder recht gesund und sorge Dich nicht soviel um uns, gell. ...(?) Dir noch schöne Tage, die hast Du auch verdient.
    Mit den herzlichen Grüssen
    bleibe ich wie immer dein dankbarer Willy

- - ------- - -

I think Albert seems to be the brother.
    Let me know if you need a translation of the letter too

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Wehrpass to Oberfeldwebel Willy Pöllmann. Need help with some handwriting
    P
    Many

Thanks for that Baerchen, no need to translate. I love the line about the landings in Sicily "that can't really be dangerous for Italy and not least for us" How wrong he was.

A final thanks to all who stuck with and contributed to this thread. Although the man died in 1943, your posts have given a vivid picture of his life and service.

Dave

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3