Combat-relics.com - Top
Display your banner here

WSS Soldbuch for review

Article about: Hello all, I have a chance to buy this Soldbuch, which looks really good to me. Please, could someone more experienced confirm that this is a good one? Thank you in advance....

Default WSS Soldbuch for review

Hello all,

I have a chance to buy this Soldbuch, which looks really good to me. Please, could someone more experienced confirm that this is a good one?

Thank you in advance....
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture WSS Soldbuch for review   WSS Soldbuch for review  

WSS Soldbuch for review   WSS Soldbuch for review  

WSS Soldbuch for review  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement WSS Soldbuch for review
    P
    Many

It looks OK to me but the experienced ephemera experts will be along.

I can't say I am a fan of this one. You have the Soldbuch opened in 04-07-1943, an ​EK II entry dated for 01-12-1943 and a promotion entry on page 1 & 3 dated for 01-04-1944 so 9 months between those periods and at least two different units and yet they have all been done in the same pen. Whenever I see so much use of stamped letters it makes me suspicious.

The Soldbuch was opened by 7./HJ-Ersatz-Btl 12 (to keep it short), he then must have gone to a front-line unit in late 1943 to win the EK-II but no mention of that unit on page 4 and it wouldn't of been 12.SS as they were still forming. And then his promotion in April 1944 is with 7./HJ-Ersatz-Btl 12 again and yet, again, no mention of returning to that unit on page 4.

And the entry for the EK-II states that it was awarded by 148.Infanterie-Division (again, no mention of that on page 4) and yet at that time 148.Infanterie-Division didn't exist. It was known as 148.Reserve-Division and was stationed on the French south coast (Toulouse & Nice), not being renamed as an Infanterie-Division until September 1944.

Thanks to hucks216 for dissecting it. It proves the value of posting on the forum before buying.