Damn Yankee - Top
Display your banner here

Adolf Hitler Portrait/Photograph - Documents Included

Article about: Evening Gentlemen, This caught my eye. Have no experience with photographs or documents provided. Could really use some professional eyes to look and tell me if this is legit. At this time I

Default Adolf Hitler Portrait/Photograph - Documents Included

Evening Gentlemen,
    1938 Bad Aibling. Have no experience with photographs or documents provided. Could really use some professional eyes to look and tell me if this is legit. At this time I have no proof the signature is real. Requested better pics of signature, hope to receive. IF real, I'd like to add to my collection. Details in the documents seem to provide the name of a photography studio in Munchen. Google searches came up empty for this portrait. Greatly appreciate your input.

Best Regards,
    Von Ritt
    Adolf Hitler Portrait/Photograph - Documents IncludedAdolf Hitler Portrait/Photograph - Documents IncludedAdolf Hitler Portrait/Photograph - Documents IncludedAdolf Hitler Portrait/Photograph - Documents IncludedAdolf Hitler Portrait/Photograph - Documents IncludedAdolf Hitler Portrait/Photograph - Documents IncludedAdolf Hitler Portrait/Photograph - Documents IncludedAdolf Hitler Portrait/Photograph - Documents IncludedAdolf Hitler Portrait/Photograph - Documents IncludedAdolf Hitler Portrait/Photograph - Documents IncludedAdolf Hitler Portrait/Photograph - Documents IncludedAdolf Hitler Portrait/Photograph - Documents Included

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Adolf Hitler Portrait/Photograph - Documents Included
    P
    Many

Hi Von Ritt.

I can only add a small addition to what you have translated.

Von der Bäcker Innung
    Bezirk Bad Aibling
    Zum
    Reichs Berufswett
    Heil Hitler

Obermeister

From the bakers guild
    Bad Aibling district
    To the
    Reich's professional competition
    Hail Hitler

Chief master

I would say the signature is just the name of the subject and was written by the artist of the portrait. The reason I say this is because the signature looks like no example I have ever seen.

Hitler signature source
    Thoughts on this Hitler signature
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Adolf Hitler Portrait/Photograph - Documents Included  

Could this portrait be an artist drawing? Edit: Did a search for drawing and found it. It's a lithograph.

Von Ritt, I think the signature below the drawing is the artist's. My take on the whole is that the Aibling District Bakers' Guild commissioned the drawing to have it entered in some sort of competition that was being run by the Reichsberufswett, which does translate as Reichs Professional Competition, but that is just a guess. It would make a nice addition to any collection. Dwight