Wardmilitaria - Top
Display your banner here

Bf 109 ID?

Article about: Hello all, here is a photo of mine showing a 109E being refueled after returning with a few holes in the rear. I am trying to find out more information regarding the plane’s affiliation ;h

?

Default Bf 109 ID?

Hello all, here is a photo of mine showing a 109E being refueled after returning with a few holes in the rear. I am trying to find out more information regarding the plane’s affiliation ;however, it is proving difficult for me to find an answer. It looks like the code might be 7+ X, but it’s unlike any others I’ve seen without a third digit marking.

There is a church steeple in the background, as well as what the AI picked up as a body of water to the right of the plane when I did a quick colorization. Slight chance I could determine what field it was by these landmarks.
    I would appreciate any info, thank you

Bf 109 ID?

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Bf 109 ID?
    P
    Many

Witt,

Interesting photo of what I think is an early E3 judging from the colour schem and marking, don't think it's a D version. I don't think I have seen the X marking as well, thank you for showing.

The best bet to find out where the photo has been taken and to what unit the BF109 belongs would be here; Luftwaffe and Axis Air Forces - Luftwaffe and Allied Air Forces Discussion Forum there are alot of knowledgable people there.

Peter

PS, I think the hole is for the towing pin

?

An update on this photo after having conferred with some more knowledgable folks. A lot of people that were not familiar with the fuselage markings.

This photo depicts a Bf109 E-1 that was used for simulated dogfighting. The ‘X’ in this instance was painted indicating the enemy aircraft during the training exercises.
    The scheme of the aircraft pinpoints the date of the photo to the winter split of 1939/40 at the latest. That is because of the swastika having been painted over the rudder hinge.

Thank you for the update!