Marna Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

Can someone identify these please?!

Article about: Hi everyone, I recently picked up a collection of 'postcards' and am unsure as to what they actually are. I've tried to Google various elements of them but can't seem to find anything close

Default Can someone identify these please?!

Hi everyone,

I recently picked up a collection of 'postcards' and am unsure as to what they actually are. I've tried to Google various elements of them but can't seem to find anything close to what they may be so I thought that perhaps some of the experts here may know what they are or at least point me in the direction for further research!

The cards break down into two main types, one appears to have weather information on the reverse, the other I'm not too sure tbh. Also they mention Allgemeine so not sure if they are administrative cards for the SS perhaps?!

Any thoughts greatly appreciated!

Can someone identify these please?!Can someone identify these please?!Can someone identify these please?!Can someone identify these please?!

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Can someone identify these please?!
    P
    Many

They have the logo of the ministry of food and agriculture on them!...

Ah interesting, wonder what they were for?!

These are cards for reporting insect/moth infestations of crops, specifically pests affecting vineyards...
    GLenn

Interesting. Do you know if these are rare or have any value beyond the stamps which are on them?

What Glenn said.

Just allow me to add that the cards were sent from Bad Neuenahr to the Provinzial- Wein- und Obstbauschule Ahrweiler [Provincial Wine- and Fruit Growing School Ahrweiler].

The school is now known as Staatliche Lehr- und Versuchsanstalt für Weinbau, Gartenbau und Landwirtschaft [State Training- and Experimental Institution for Winegrowing, Horticulture and Agriculture].

Bad Neuenahr-Ahrweiler is located in an important wine-growing region.

I cannot comment on what exactly they are worth, but you shouldn't expect the cards to hold particularly high financial value.

By the way "allgemein" simply means "general". Unless it is actually followed by "SS", the term never has anything to do with the Allgemeine SS. ["Allgemeine Meldekarte" = "general reporting card"]

Perfect thanks for the very detailed info. Much appreciated everyone!