Combat-relics.com - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

German Postcards and Photos.

Article about: Hi All, I picked up a lot of WW2 Photos and postcards today, mostly German and I'll be posting them across the next few days, I'll likely post more on this thread so as not to start too many

?

The second photo here has what appears to be names on, although I'm not certain. This shows a group outside an old larger stone building.
    Hi Matt, photos are always enjoyable, a trip in time. Now for this second photo I'm a bit at lost in pinpointing the era. Weimar Republic era uniforms?
    Last edited by Jack59; 01-31-2024 at 04:30 PM. Reason: Typo

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement German Postcards and Photos.
    P
    Many

I recounted the photos as I was going and there's 46 German, 3 US and there were 3 1939 Italian Lire Notes.

Here's another that appears to be RAD with the person who wrote on the back marking himself.

And one that appears to be an earlier photo, as suggested by the use of First World War Stahlhelms with the Heer decal and tricolour decals.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture German Postcards and Photos.   German Postcards and Photos.  

German Postcards and Photos.   German Postcards and Photos.  

Last edited by Steelhead10; 01-31-2024 at 05:54 PM.
    Best Regards Matt

On the look out for original ww2 M26 Adrian helmet liner.

Quote by Jack59 View Post
    Hi Matt, photos are always enjoyable, a trip in time. Now for this second photo I'm a bit at lost in pinpointing the era. Weimar Republic era uniforms?
    Hi Jack, thanks for your reply. I hadn't really thought too much on it but looking closer I see what you mean. I hadn't noticed that all in this photo appear to be devoid of any breast eagle and without any caps on it's difficult to tell. Hopefully someone will be able to pinpoint.

Matt
    Best Regards Matt

Quote by Steelhead10 View Post
    Thanks BC, certainly is interesting. Whilst not the same angle it's very close on the Place de La Bastille.

A few more today, still from the same lot as I'm sorting through and scanning them in.

The first photo in this lot here is another postcard, that appears to have been in a photo album. There is the date of 1941 on this and shows members of the luftwaffe sat on a ridge getting some rest and food.

The second photo here has what appears to be names on, although I'm not certain. This shows a group outside an old larger stone building.

The third, also appears to have previously been glued into an album with some now partial writing on. Shows five NCOs (I believe) stood under a large bridge. I'm unsure of location, I did try to google lens it but it wasn't the most helpful there

Fourth photo shows a few soldiers around atable with artillery shells on. This has writing on the back and a date of either June/July '40 or '44.

Second to last we have a photo of a unit outside a building. This is the photo with the red pen writing on the back.

The last photo has no writing on the back and shows six officers stood looking at a statue at the edge of a lake/river. Location unknown.

I feel it's also a good way to preserve them on top of keeping the originals safe.

Matt
    Hi Matt.

I am a little unsure with these translations, hopefully they can be confirmed or corrected.

Second photo -

Kompanie Führer + Troß/Tross

Company leader and train

Tross - Wikipedia

Fourth photo -

Munitions hänfen

Hands on ammunition

Fifth photo -

Eine Feuchte Gesellschaft bei Onkel zugg (maybe trupp or Jupp at the end)

A damp/wet company at uncle's house/uncle Jupp's

Gesellschaft generally translated as "community and society".

Quote by Steelhead10 View Post
    I recounted the photos as I was going and there's 46 German, 3 US and there were 3 1939 Italian Lire Notes.

Here's another that appears to be RAD with the person who wrote on the back marking himself.

And one that appears to be an earlier photo, as suggested by the use of First World War Stahlhelms with the Heer decal and tricolour decals.

RAD photo-

Vormann Freitag mit seinem Trupp

X = Ich

Vormann Freitag with his squad

X = I/me

Oath photo -

III von Linkes

Third from the left.

Hi Will,

Thanks again for your support and translations. I was certainly surprised to see the amount that had anything written on them with the lot.

Matt
    Best Regards Matt

Hi Matt.

I am glad to help and thank you for sharing your collection with us.

It is always great to see captions on photos for sure, it can really bring an image to life, especially if you can find the location where it was taken.

Kind regards,

Will.

A couple more for today as I've been sorting and attempting to organise or work out if and which are from the same or other albums.

There's a small theme to this one with the horses. I don't think they're the same horses but the first one has faint writing on the back.

The second photo with the officer and possibly his two sons on the horses has nothing written on the back. It's a much more faded and washed out photo in hand, there are some that match this sort of staining and others that have survived the years a bit better, much like the one I used to start the thread.

Matt
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture German Postcards and Photos.   German Postcards and Photos.  

Best Regards Matt

Hi all,

None of these have any writing on the back.

The first shows what I believe to be a rowing excerise. Location unknown.

The second and third photos show bridge and raft building. Also unknown locations but no one looks like they got wet, so I can only assume that these were successful.

The fourth looks to be a group/unit of Luftwaffe men on a march. I wonder how the photographer got out of it.

Fifth photo is a blurry one of three officers/NCOs at a distance.

Sixth shows a unit in a formation. One was almost obscured by the tree.

And finally on this post shows a group of Luftwaffe (?) men enjoying a drink.

Matt

Finally back with my laptop and have a moment off work.

The first picture today shows what I believe to be Hitler Youth? stood with a spade on the steps to a hut. This has writing on the back in blue pen.

The second shows a medic stood in the doorway to a building.

The third shows two soldiers on what looks to be the Eastern Front sawing wood.

The fourth photo shows either RAD or mechanics, their uniforms aren't very uniform.

And the last for today shows soldiers getting some respite on an embankment. This one has some scrawled word on the back.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast