Steyer Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8

German Tanks & other Armoured Vehicle Photos

Article about: Looks like a Panzer IV Bill , great photo !!

Might be worth cross-ref’ing to both the Shows and Museum threads too..... not all of us visit the TR section often......

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement German Tanks & other Armoured Vehicle Photos
    P
    Many

?

you are right.

Quote by Paul D View Post
    Good you've bumped this back up Harvey , surely we must have some new Panzer and AFV photos to show !
    After sorting out my dodgy scanner that didn't want to work with my PC, I'm now able to share this one of mine, which I think will be a decent bump to this thread.

A Panther on the move in Sedan in 1944, unfortunately only the place and year is listed on the back, so can't be more specific. Had it been a more obscure area, it may have been possible to try and pinpoint a unit, but with Sedan being a main crossing point over the Meuse and into Northern France, I'm not even going to attempt to pinpoint a unit The second word may be the month, but I can't make it out.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture German Tanks & other Armoured Vehicle Photos   German Tanks & other Armoured Vehicle Photos  

?

Nice thread! Let me add something.
    I have a soldier's photo album and there are two photos to share.

If I'm not mistaken it's Pz.Kpfw.I Ausf.A

and this one is Leichttraktor (Vs.Kfz.31) Krupp. It seems to be a rare beast, because, as Wiki told me, only 4 such tanks were built.

Quote by Bill T View Post
    Here is a Panzer IV from Panzer Regiment 33.
    Hit a French Anti-tank mine near Amiens, France. All 5 crew members were Killed. Graves can be seen behind tank

I hope you don’t mind me chipping in to this thread Bill T, but I think I can name the crew based upon my research of the losses.

Ernst Weller
    Johann Wede
    Constantin Epple
    Anton Hümmel
    Rudolf Körbler

?

Here is a photo from my mother in laws collection
    Taken by her 1941 in Latvia.
    I saw an earlier photo in this thread of a training tank.
    This looks of similar size.
    Cheers Rick

Attachment 1434833

Renault UE Chenilette, the Germans captured large amounts of them in France in 1940. Looks like it even still has the original French markings.

The Germans were chronically short of AFVs and made use of pretty much any vehicles they captured-rarely for 1st line use, but widely used for training, internal security use against partisans, conversions to sp guns or as gun tractor/supply carriers-the French vehicles had the added bonus of the Germans having captured large supplies of spares and occupying the factories that made it all.

?

Thanks for that info chaps ,
    Sort of makes sense to us trying to establish a timeline putting together all her photos in order.
    We have lots of photos of french POW's in the same box , some marked Heiligenbeil , which was further south in East Prussia.
    It's all of interest and your input much appreciated .
    Cheers Rick

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8