Espenlaub Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

Looking for information about the location of this photo

Article about: Greetings everyone.. Hope you are all doing well. I am attaching a photo for a member on another forum. We are trying to identify the possible location of the building in background. I had p

Default Looking for information about the location of this photo

Greetings everyone..

Hope you are all doing well.

I am attaching a photo for a member on another forum. We are trying to identify the possible location of the building in background. I had previously posted an image in another topic to identify a Polizei Armband (see this link) and also the background information regarding the images..

Hilfspolizei Armband identification assistance needed..

Now I am trying to locate the city that this image of the boy and woman were taken. This appears to be the same boy and older lady that was in the Polizei Armband photo, (see link above). We were able to read some of the information on the streetcar and it is an advertisement for Knorr Soup ("Knorr Suppen - Gute Suppen") "Knorr Soup, Good Soup".

Maybe someone can identify the architecture on the building the background. I thought it may have been a cathedral or something but I am now having second thoughts..

Looking for your thoughts and comments..

Best regards, stay safe

Smitty

Any assistance will be greatly appreciated.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Looking for information about the location of this photo  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Looking for information about the location of this photo
    P
    Many

Hi Smitty.

I'm afraid I can't be much help on this one, but It certainly looks like a Church or Catherdral.

It could also be a Town or City hall. Here is a picture of Bremen Town Hall, note the similar architecture.

Kind regards,

Will.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Looking for information about the location of this photo  

I also notice the young lad is wearing a civilian suit with his HJ/DJ Winter Uniform Cap...

Will,

I believe you have found it...

Thank you very much..

Smitty

MAP
    ?

Interesting (but expected) how they boarded up all the windows, reinforced the arches as well as covering up most of the decorative sculptures.

But agree. That is the same building. Fantastic work Willmore!
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

Here is an interesting then and now link..

Bremen pictures are also in this link

Traces of Evil: Remaining Nazi Sites in Bremen and Hamburg

Smitty