Combat-relics.com - Top
Display your banner here

Me 110 from Aufklärungsgruppe 33

Article about: Helloo, This photograph is of a camouflaged Me-110 E-3 from Aufklärungsgruppe 33, specifically 4.(H)/33 (later redisignated 3./NAGr.14) covered up by the tree line and away from the two gra

?

Default Me 110 from Aufklärungsgruppe 33

Helloo,

This photograph is of a camouflaged Me-110 E-3 from Aufklärungsgruppe 33, specifically 4.(H)/33 (later redisignated 3./NAGr.14) covered up by the tree line and away from the two grass runways at Pleskau West. The Gruppe operated from the site between July and November 1941; providing reconnaissance and artillery-correcting flights along the Leningrad Front. As shown here, the 110s and Ju-88 of Aufklärungsgruppe 33 were painted in camo scheme to match the summer/fall landscape during this year. December 1941 to May 1942 was spent back in Germany. The Gruppe removed further east into Russia uptown return later in May. They began flying out of the airfield at Siwerskaja- 67 km SSW of Leningrad until August 1943. The planes were painted over in a dirty snow camouflaged during the period of winter flights around Leningrad.
    Me-110 E-3 WNr. 227? “H8+BM” flown by Oblt. Schmidt had flown a few operations over Leningrad. On 24 January 1943, they passed over the besieged lands and were attacked by fighters east of the city. They were last seen SE of Schlüsselburg and were marked MIA after failing to return to Siwerskaja.

Crew:
    -Oblt. Gustav Schmidt, Flugzeugführer, KIA
    -Ltn. Hans Ribbach, Beobachter, KIA
    -Uffz. Richard Behrend, KIA

Further photos that were auctioned off in 2020 I believe. These may be the last photos taken of the crew of “H8+BM”. The 3-man crew is pictured together with their 110 painted in the winter white. It changes the perspective when you see the faces of those lost shortly before their lives were lost.

-Ben

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Me 110 from Aufklärungsgruppe 33
    P
    Many