Marna Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

Negative of Guderian’s Motorisiert Infanterie

Article about: One of the most interesting and neat photographs I have managed to aquire recently. A fantastic negative and a large, modern print from the negative that shows a massive motor column suppose

?

Default Negative of Guderian’s Motorisiert Infanterie

Negative of Guderian’s Motorisiert Infanterie

One of the most interesting and neat photographs I have managed to aquire recently. A fantastic negative and a large, modern print from the negative that shows a massive motor column supposedly from Panzer Division 4 of Guderian’s 2. Panzer Armee. The column extends to the end of the road and turns left and continues into the distance far beyond the houses. There appears to be at least 100 bikes and trucks in the shot. The motorcycle second from the left has the ‘G’ painted on the rear fender. None of the others seem to have a visible G, but the foremost on the left has a motorized tactical symbol that I still cannot find on any of Niehorster’s pages. It’s claimed to have been taken in 1944 inside the kessel of Kurland but I am wary of that. The one motorcycle from Guderian’s army could be one of few remaining and ended up mixed together in the group later in the war after their disbandment.

Ben

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Negative of Guderian’s Motorisiert Infanterie
    P
    Many

The tactical symbol looks like Kradschutz Aufklarungs Gruppe as far as I can tell. Interesting picture.

?

Great photo! I know many prefer to have a clean and perfect image, but personally i'm a big fan of the worn out used photos, when it's reflected in the image itself (as opposed to post print damages). It gives a nice aesthetic fitting to the situation captured. Ofcourse it very much depends on the subject captured, but in this case, for me it adds to the image.