Wardmilitaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 361 of 365 FirstFirst ... 261 311 351 357 358 359 360 361 362 363 364 365 LastLast
Results 3,601 to 3,610 of 3646

New Photo Pick-Ups - Please Share

Article about: Wish the picture was better but after looking through some books I'm now leaning to a Mauser Modle HSe da auto pistol. 1938 7.65mm in competing with the Walther PP. The wood grip lead me to

verry beautiful pictures i will soon collect also pictures of ww2 a pictures says more then 1000 words

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement New Photo Pick-Ups - Please Share
    P
    Many

Quote by warcollectorantwerp View Post
    verry beautiful pictures i will soon collect also pictures of ww2 a pictures says more then 1000 words
    Excellent photographs within this thread and @warcollectorantwerp.. I'm also from Antwerp

Quote by Wolfgang Historica View Post
    Excellent photographs within this thread and @warcollectorantwerp.. I'm also from Antwerp
    Add me

?

why is the PILOTS BADGE? on the wrong pocket, it seams to be on the rite one not the left one. am I missing something?

Quote by toot View Post
    why is the PILOTS BADGE? on the wrong pocket, it seams to be on the rite one not the left one. am I missing something?
    You need to read the answers to your question, see post #3593, and post #3598.
    Ralph.
    Searching for anything relating to, Anton Boos, 934 Stamm. Kp. Pz. Erz. Abt. 7, 3 Kompanie, Panzer-Regiment 2, 16th Panzer-Division (My father)

Has anyone heard from Bill? He used to be half of the heart and soul of this thread and a great contributor and it’s a shame to not see him around so much these days.

Kindest regards
    Harvey

?

rbminis, thank you so much for the help with my question. some how I missed the answer. again thank you.

My most recent pickup, showing an Unteroffizier who wears the Silesian Eagle award. This award was one of only a few unofficial medals that were allowed to be worn on TR Uniform after the 1935 ban on most of the unofficial medals from the pre-TR period. The Silesian Eagle was awarded to members of the Freikorps Oberland who had fought in the Silesian Uprisings against Communist and Polish Insurgents. Sections of the Oberland would go on to form the core of the SA in Bavaria, later activating many members to support the 1923 Putsch. The back mentions a name after 'Uffz', but I cannot make it out, so the man on the right is likely named on the reverse. He has quite the ribbon bar, so I assume he was also a First World War veteran, certainly looks like a man not to be messed with!
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture New Photo Pick-Ups - Please Share   New Photo Pick-Ups - Please Share  

?

that is the first WW2 photo that I have ever seen that award in wear. did it have to be removed when another award was awarded?

Quote by toot View Post
    that is the first WW2 photo that I have ever seen that award in wear. did it have to be removed when another award was awarded?
    Im not completely sure Toot myself. What I could find online only mentioned that the Silesian Eagle was one of only a handful of 'unofficial' awards exempt from the 1935 ban, so I assume it could be worn whenever and didn't need to be removed if another award was awarded. If someone has additional info I'm more than happy to learn though so please share!

- - ------- - -

This arrived today.

Regards
    H
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture New Photo Pick-Ups - Please Share