Great Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Otto Skorzeny Photograph, Is it authentic?

Article about: Hello Members, I found a photograph of Otto Skorzeny for sale. I know that there are a lot of reprinted photos around from this member of the schutzstaffel. I have not seen many of him for s

Dos
    ?

Default Otto Skorzeny Photograph, Is it authentic?

Hello Members,

I found a photograph of Otto Skorzeny for sale. I know that there are reprinted photos around from this member of the schutzstaffel. I have not seen many of him for sale.. So i think they are rare? I was wondering if this one is good. It all looks ok to me, but i would please like some more opinions on this photo. I hope you members with a bit more experience and knowledge about TR photos can comment on this example for me. Is this note on the back also from the period?

Thank you,

-Dos

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Otto Skorzeny Photograph, Is it authentic?
    P
    Many

?

Looks like a press photo, notice the 'S.S. Kriegberichter ' ( S.S. War reporter ) H. Ahrens.. These can be found for most branches of military service of the TR, it is in my opinion a reprint of an original photo, reprint as far as enlarged for use in publications / press / propaganda literature.. G
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Otto Skorzeny Photograph, Is it authentic?   Otto Skorzeny Photograph, Is it authentic?  

I'd rather be A "RaD Man than a Mad Man "

Dos
    ?

The seller told me that it was made for propaganda or press purposes. It came from a collection of more of these photos. That confirms your reply and opinion. Thank you for taking a look at this G. Much appreciated!

-Dos

?

If they are cheap enough, they are collectable in their own right.

Press photo, its one of the clearly marked one on the backs. Not a rare photo style and should not be an expensive item.
    Morris

Dos
    ?

Thank you for taking the time to have a look and replying here Morris.

I'm not sure if the price is right.. I will figure this out and make a decision. He is asking 75 euro's. It being a press photo and therefore less desirable makes me think it is to high.

None the less a cool looking photo, but not with a straight on shot of him and without his visor in view. I think i will wait for a better opportunity.

-Dos

Spelling mistake on the back shows the word "Wurden" when it should read "Wurde". Not a good sign

?

does any one know just how he got those horrible scars on his left cheek? battle scares?

They are duelling scars from when he was at university. These fraternity duells still continue today in Germany. They are known as "Mensur Narben"

Academic fencing - Wikipedia

?

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast