Espenlaub Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

Panzer III in Western Europe

Article about: A photo of a Panzer III in Western Europe. It looks like a Panzer III Ausf.E/F with 3.7cm Kw.K to me. Four panzer man can be seen posing on it. A fully equipped soldier can be seen on the le

?

Default Panzer III in Western Europe

A photo of a Panzer III in Western Europe. It looks like a Panzer III Ausf.E/F with 3.7cm Kw.K to me. Four panzer man can be seen posing on it. A fully equipped soldier can be seen on the right with an arm band that I can't identify. The resolution of my scanner is not so good so I try to use my phone to take a better picture, still not clear enough though due to the original quality. No writing on the reverse but the seller indicated it was taken in France during the Western Campaign.

Mjie

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Panzer III in Western Europe
    P
    Many

?

The armband could be a yellow Deutsche Wehrmacht type as seen in the thread here.

Looking for LDO marked EK2s and items relating to U-406.....

?

Thanks Adrian. That's helpful!

?

I think this very well could have been taken in France. It could be elsewhere in the southern portions of the low countries. The building in line with the panzer has a large louvered shutter on the main floor. These types of shutters were very common in France.

The soldier on the curb definitely looks to be wearing a Deutsche Wehrmacht armband.

Ben

?

Thanks Ben for the additional knowledge about building! After some quick learning I also think the armband should be a Deutsche Wehrmacht armband.

Mjie