MilitaryHarbor - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Panzers on Parade !

Article about: Here are a couple of very fine photos of Panzerkampfwagon IIIs on parade I do believe in Vilnius 1941.

Im not sure if this has been posted before but this is the development of the Agfa logo until 1964.
    Panzers on Parade !
    Panzers on Parade !

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Panzers on Parade !
    P
    Many

?

Quote by KMMorris View Post
    Im not sure if this has been posted before but this is the development of the Agfa logo until 1964.
    Panzers on Parade !
    Panzers on Parade !
    Had not seen that one yet, thank you!

If I had been here earlier then I would have to agree. This is probably some kind post-war archive picture or 'opa' still had some old negatives from the war and wanted to show his family after the war.

The only period pieces youll see this kind of gloss on is press-photos.

Quote by KMMorris View Post
    Panzers on Parade !
    Panzers on Parade !
    Very interesting info, thanks for that!....

I thought ALL German 1940's period photos had a border? ... sometimes scalloped, sometimes not but always bordered ( unless as has been suggested a post war reprint )
    " I'm putting off procrastination until next week "

Not all Dan ,but most did. Press photos usually where without borders.

This has been a fascinating exchange - thank you all...especially Mr Morris.....I now know so much more. I REALLY despise the oft-used one word "FAKE" response when there's so much more to tell....and you told it!

Thanks again.

Dear Composite
    Thank you for your kind words, as long as someone has learned something I am happy. Just making sure people dont get burnt again with photos like these.
    Humble collectors, there has been some good advice given by myself, Dan and Composite by bringing forward questions so I think some thanks is in order for all who have contributed.

Morris

I have noticed there a quite a few people on online auction sites who seem to have a business reproducing war time photos and passing them off as original prints. Mr Morris has given some quite useful clues on picking the modern copies; glossiness, water mark on back, how dog eared the print looks, writing in fountain pen ink or biro, and whether the photo has a border or not. I would add size of print as well. Looking at my grandfathers box of black and white prints I notice print were often quite small. Large prints may be press release pictures, but they will be marked so on the back with a stamp.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2