Espenlaub Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

photo of German maxim crew

Article about: Here is a photo of two German soldiers operating a captured Russian maxim gun on top of a roadside snow bank. The white washed helmets are seen as well as the Maxim gun is painted almost ent

?

Default photo of German maxim crew

photo of German maxim crew

Here is a photo of two German soldiers operating a captured Russian maxim gun on top of a roadside snow bank. The white washed helmets are seen as well as the Maxim gun is painted almost entirely white. Another print of this photo was sold about a week later by another seller but the exposure was much better. That made me question this example.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement photo of German maxim crew
    P
    Many

?

IMO, any photo with square like cut out are either press photos or copies...
    I'd rather be A "RaD Man than a Mad Man "

They could be Finnish troops as Finland used a lot of Russian Maxims

It's not a great print, the contrast and marks are consistent with old print developer being used and irregular agitation of the paper during the developing process, leaving water marks. I can't tell from the photo whether it's original or not, if the back of it is without any script or marks I would suggest it is a later copy.

?

Still not sure about this one but I have felt like it could be a reprint from the start especially as another was sold by another seller around the same time. The paper is real Agfa-Lupex matte. The reverse has the inscription “Januar 1943 Russland.” This was written before adhesive was applied on the back. So much adhesive was applied that you can see some has bled through leaving stains visible on the obverse. Leaning towards sending it through the shredder now that I have some other opinions.