Ratisbon's - Top
Display your banner here

Signed WW2 German post card on emedals, authentic or not?

Article about: Hi all, emedals has signed post cards on auction, the cards are with signatures of generals or even AH, here is a sample photo. Wondering if the signatures were originally signed by hand dir

?

Default Signed WW2 German post card on emedals, authentic or not?

Hi all, emedals has signed post cards on auction, the cards are with signatures of generals or even AH, here is a sample photo. Wondering if the signatures were original autograph by hand directly on the cards, or just printed handwriting? Anyone has experience with it? Thanks.

Signed WW2 German post card on emedals, authentic or not?Signed WW2 German post card on emedals, authentic or not?
    Last edited by BlitzC; 06-23-2023 at 09:05 AM.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Signed WW2 German post card on emedals, authentic or not?
    P
    Many

?

The Dietl and Ringel signed postcards both look good. Those are not autopens, you can see varying applied pressure. The swoop after the -l in Dietl was done lightly as he finished the signature. You can see spots of ink on the Ringel postcard as well. What I am not sure is if they are facsimiles or not. Signatures are something you have to inspect thoroughly in hand. I want to lean towards the origins being hand written, but it is a guess without being in physical proximity. Take the integrity and reputation of the dealer, eMedals in this case, into account. I would hope they put a little effort into this before saying it is a wartime hand signed postcard.

Edit: A signed Hitler postcard that they recently sold had a really scratchy/shaky signature which I thought was odd. Kind of like an extra shaky autopen was used.

?

Thank you very much, Witt. You mean the AF signed one sold over 700 USD? I think the price is a bargain if that one was signed by AF in hand.

Also, if only one to pick up, which one is a Bett choice, Dietl or Ringel? Thanks.

?

Dietl and Ringel were both Generals in the Gebirgsjäger. Dietl is very well known and if not the most famous Gebirgs officer, so his signature would be more desirable. I would personally want the Dietl postcard but it would take more to acquire than Ringel’s.

This is the one I was referring to. It sold just this past week. Not the only Hitler signature I have seen on there that did not have the cleanest signature.

Quote by Witt View Post
    Dietl and Ringel were both Generals in the Gebirgsjäger. Dietl is very well known and if not the most famous Gebirgs officer, so his signature would be more desirable. I would personally want the Dietl postcard but it would take more to acquire than Ringel’s.

This is the one I was referring to. It sold just this past week. Not the only Hitler signature I have seen on there that did not have the cleanest signature.
    I'm not sure I would have paid that sort of price for it, I'm not convinced it is his hand. The photo of course is very early in his career, 1934 I think. So we can say for sure the signature doesn't date from this early, but it looks too heavy and contrived. Do you know what the provenance was with it?

?

Cannot find exactly when this Hoffmann postcard was being printed. There was zero provenance with this one. The reverse has an inscription although it is hard to read and does not appear to tell much. The first section appears to be marking the day Hitler became the Chancellor.

There have been a handful of other AH signed postcards they have sold that had very faded signatures like the one seen below. Only the one above on the early SA postcard is the signature really jumpy. That is why I suggested it may have been done by a sloppy autopen.