Great Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Soldaten in Paris

Article about: Hello folks. I purchased this from the same dealer who sold me the Panzergrenadier photo album. German soldiers posing in front of the Eiffel Tower. An iconic image of the Second World War,

Quote by TABSTABS1964 View Post
    Thanks to you B.B. for allowing to share these images.
    This is the first one that I bought. I made a photo with my mobile and the truth is that I had never scanned it, it's in my showcase with my ribbon bars. I hope it looks good.

Attachment 1308802

Now I have to go to work, but tonight (Spanish time) I would like to share the best of my collection of photographs of German soldiers at the Eiffel Tower.
    I trust that when you see it, you will agree with me that it is a unique image.
    I look forward to seeing it!

B.B.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Soldaten in Paris
    P
    Many

Finally, I took some pictures of my showcase and I photographed them together with the souvenirs I bought in a family visit to Paris....

Soldaten in Paris

Soldaten in Paris

Soldaten in Paris

I imagine that there was an excellent reason for the happy faces of the photographs of German soldiers in Paris, since June 1941. Simply that they were not in Russia...

I wanted to leave this photograph for the end. I have always thought that it is something unique.

Soldaten in Paris

Paris, March 14, 1942. Taken from the Champ-de-Mars, with the Eiffel Tower in the background and behind the Palais de Chaillot. A group of about thirty German soldiers with their French guide.

But in the foreground of the image, the photographer and his wife, about to make the group portrait.

I've always wondered who took the photo of the photographer ....

B.B. The photographer who took the photo with which you have started this thread is one of those who regularly took pictures of German tourists in front of the Eiffel Tower.

Soldaten in Paris

Soldaten in Paris

Soldaten in Paris

Soldaten in Paris

Another passing German with his own camera, maybe. I can't imagine a French civilian would have been particularly keen to photograph German soldiers. It's one of those mysteries that can never be answered.

B.B.

How many photos were made to German soldiers? I imagine that many, many thousands.
    The luck is that the photographers numbered them. I have six with the date on which it was clearly visible on the poster that was placed before the group of soldiers and since a correlative number was written on the photo, I have calculated the following:
    June 14, 1942. Photo number 7,780
    June 22, 1942. Photo number 7,921. In 8 days, 141 photos (17 a day on average)
    July 22, 1942. Photo number 8,367. In 30 days, 446 photos (15 a day on average)
    August 19, 1942. Photo number 9,028. In 27 days, 661 photos (24 a day on average)
    September 9, 1942. Photo number 9,581. In 21 days, 553 photos (26 a day on average)
    And that's a single photographer!.
    I guess it is not too scientific, because I could not find out if there were photographers in the winter months or how many were dedicated to it, but as you may have noticed it is a subject that has interested me a lot.
    By the way, I have other images of German soldiers sightseeing in Paris, but not in front of the Eiffel Tower.
    Best regards, friends.
    Santi

How many photos were made to German soldiers? I imagine that many, many thousands.
    The luck is that the photographers numbered them. I have six with the date on which it was clearly visible on the poster that was placed before the group of soldiers and since a correlative number was written on the photo, I have calculated the following:
    June 14, 1942. Photo number 7,780
    June 22, 1942. Photo number 7,921. In 8 days, 141 photos (17 a day on average)
    July 22, 1942. Photo number 8,367. In 30 days, 446 photos (15 a day on average)
    August 19, 1942. Photo number 9,028. In 27 days, 661 photos (24 a day on average)
    September 9, 1942. Photo number 9,581. In 21 days, 553 photos (26 a day on average)
    And that's a single photographer!.
    I guess it is not too scientific, because I could not find out if there were photographers in the winter months or how many were dedicated to it, but as you may have noticed it is a subject that has interested me a lot.
    By the way, I have other images of German soldiers sightseeing in Paris, but not in front of the Eiffel Tower.
    Best regards, friends.
    Santi
    Well, I did title the thread 'Soldaten in Paris!' If you have period photographs of other landmarks, they would be a worthy contribution.

B.B.

Soldaten in Paris

Soldaten in Paris

Dammit! I am sick of always an untimely tourist spoils me a good photo!

Soldaten in Paris

Best regards

Soldaten in Paris

Soldaten in Paris

Dammit! I am sick of always an untimely tourist spoils me a good photo!

Soldaten in Paris

Best regards
    Just think, those accidental photobombs have granted them a permanent place in photographic history. A second earlier or a second later, and that wouldn't have been the case.

B.B.

Default A visit to Paris

Soldaten in Paris

Soldaten in Paris

The Arc de Triumph.

Soldaten in Paris

The Sacré-Cœur Basilica.

Soldaten in Paris

The Moulin Rouge.

Soldaten in Paris

Notre Dame

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast