Adlermilitaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

SS Brownshirt Photo i thought i would share.

Article about: Here is a photo i thought i would share with you all. Showing the front, and back with the photo dated. Brian

Default Re: SS Brownshirt Photo i thought i would share.

Quote by blackheart0866 View Post
    I can tell you, thats its not SA, its NSKK, the black breeches, and the NSKK sleeve diamond on the sleeve.

The SA worn same color breeches as their brownshirts.

It looks like a family pic, as that might be his daughter standing next to him, which is an obvious thing.

Here are some pics, and of the sleeve diamond.

Brian

We were just puzzled why anybody would mix up 'SA' with 'XA'
    - it didn't make sense until Alan G. put us on to the real reason !

Definitely an NSKK Man.
    On the diamond is a wheel with the national eagle superimposed
    on the spokes, similar to the one you've shown Brian.
    A motorcyclist badge as I remember.......

I think it probably is his daughter too !
    Regards,

Steve.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement SS Brownshirt Photo i thought i would share.
    P
    Many

Ohh, i see what you mean, its a type of code people will use for certain web sites, like eBay customers for one, they will use the following;

XA = SA
    XX = SS
    XS = SS
    ww2 German Elite = WW2 German SS
    WWii German = WW2 German

Some people will use these type of codes for eBay, because of there being so much Anti-WW2 German Nazi sentiment on eBay, if you type it straight out like normal, then eBay can, and will cancel the listing.

I have also when i look through the Craigslist.com ads out of Europe, and especially Germany, they use some of these codes for that reason.

I hope this helps explain things.

Brian

?

YUP brian and black heart have hit it on the head. These websites wont let the seller/auctioneer place the correct name in the title. I should have known that, but then when i figured he was SA, i realized he didnt have the black collar tabs tho. so i was interested in finding out what he actually was if not SA. Ok, so he definatly is NSKK huh? good to know and thanks guys, didnt mean to post it on 2 threads, just thought it was similar to your photo. Also i dont mean to highjack your thread either! lol

?

Also, thanks alot blackheart for the pictures. His cap is a bit different...the pic shows a helmet, but my photo he is wearing a cloth cap. Also, the collar tabs are different color. Maybe he is just a differnt rank in the Nskk. I agree that he is NSKK, just noting some differences. He is also sporting some type of honor badge. (soldier with german M style helmet it looks like) its kinda hard to tell tho. The diamond patch on the side is a dead giveaway that he is NSKK too. thanks for that.

?

Quote by Panzer1031 View Post
    i agree that it is EXTREMELY annoying when people mark there pics too. Sometimes it takes away from Huge details.. Also, how the hell is anyone going to STEAL your photo by copying to there computer? what do they scan them and try to sell fake photos?? that would be kinda hard and alot of work for little profit.

Panzer, believe me that we don't like spending time to watermark the pics. As I explain above (please read again my post since it seems that from your comment you did not understand what I meant), pics are regularly stolen from forums and used to put up fake auctions (i.e. a beautiful SA shirt pictured in detail could become a juicy item to offer for sale and will sell at high price...even if you don't actually own it!), for publications without asking permission to the owner and also digitally enhanced and printed on period paper. It happens every day and I can tell there are many unaware victims around.
    And the profit is not little!

On the other side I find curious that you find "EXTREMELY" annoying not to enjoy other people's pics and then post blurry scans of yours where you cannot enjoy anything at all. It would be great if you could post proper scans of those NSKK pics , one by one
    Regards

Matt

Quote by Panzer1031 View Post
    YUP brian and black heart have hit it on the head. These websites wont let the seller/auctioneer place the correct name in the title. I should have known that, but then when i figured he was SA, i realized he didnt have the black collar tabs tho. so i was interested in finding out what he actually was if not SA. Ok, so he definatly is NSKK huh? good to know and thanks guys, didnt mean to post it on 2 threads, just thought it was similar to your photo. Also i dont mean to highjack your thread either! lol
    On the high jacking the thread, i never thought that at all, you had some questions, and it looks like i was able to answer them for you.

Brian

?

Quote by Zeller View Post
    Panzer, believe me that we don't like spending time to watermark the pics. As I explain above (please read again my post since it seems that from your comment you did not understand what I meant), pics are regularly stolen from forums and used to put up fake auctions (i.e. a beautiful SA shirt pictured in detail could become a juicy item to offer for sale and will sell at high price...even if you don't actually own it!), for publications without asking permission to the owner and also digitally enhanced and printed on period paper. It happens every day and I can tell there are many unaware victims around.
    And the profit is not little!

On the other side I find curious that you find "EXTREMELY" annoying not to enjoy other people's pics and then post blurry scans of yours where you cannot enjoy anything at all. It would be great if you could post proper scans of those NSKK pics , one by one
    Obviously i meant there is little profit in faking small photos, not shirts or anything else! Also, If u want slightly better pics of my little Nskk you can veiw them in my thread, not from my previous post in which i was only showing an example and asking a question in comparison to the orginal posters pic. I understand the need for watermarks, i only said it is annoying when trying to see a photo in detail. wasnt trying to offend anyone, and i agree with blackheart as well......i have the original so i really dont care what other people do

Getting back to the photo of the bearded man: I think that this is actually a member of the Motor-SA, not the NSKK. Please see my post in this thread:
    https://www.warrelics.eu/forum/photo...-2/#post158143

?

Definately! thank you HPL for confirming that! and im sorry if my last post was negative and do not want to argue over differences of opinion. I love both photos that have been posted here(the original posters+mine) both are pretty neat i think. also i think it is great that some1 is that knowledgeable to be able to pinpoint minor details and form a correct identification

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3