Espenlaub Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7

The Ardennes and Bastogne Trip at Christmas

Article about: Gentlemen, I am planning a short trip to the Ardennes and Bastogne this Christmas, will be in-between Christmas and New Year, will be a nice break from all the Christmas nonsense on TV and s

Quote by Paul D View Post
    Good to see you visited the Turrets , CCB of 10 Armoured Division were the first unit to defend Bastogne before 101 Airborne arrived and they fought throughout the Battle . Many folk think that only Easy Company or 101 defended the town , in fact units like 6 Armoured div are almost completely ignored in most documentaries etc , the power of TV !!
    I agree Paul, there were many Units involved in the defence of Bastogne. I am learning more and more as i read through my Bastards of Bastogne book

Cheers

Quote by AZPhil View Post
    Once again I thank you for the pic's Historyman. I have a question about the turret monument's.
    Were these turret from knocked out tanks or were these donated later by the 10th AD?

Semper Fi
    Phil
    To be honest Phil I do not know for sure, but some do indeed have battle damage so I can only assume that they were involved in the battle to some extent, I will have to conduct more research

Cheers

Just a few more pictures from Bastogne, is it a little obvious that I enjoyed the trip sorry !

Cheers
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture The Ardennes and Bastogne Trip at Christmas   The Ardennes and Bastogne Trip at Christmas  

The Ardennes and Bastogne Trip at Christmas   The Ardennes and Bastogne Trip at Christmas  

The Ardennes and Bastogne Trip at Christmas   The Ardennes and Bastogne Trip at Christmas  

The Ardennes and Bastogne Trip at Christmas  

Did you make it to the tank restoration centre on the outskirts of town? and if so, was the big shed at the rear still loaded with tanks from another museum or have they been re-homed now?

Quote by Composite View Post
    Did you make it to the tank restoration centre on the outskirts of town? and if so, was the big shed at the rear still loaded with tanks from another museum or have they been re-homed now?
    Hi
    Unfortunately not, its only open to large tour groups by appointment only apparently, that's what I read anyway, maybe next time !

Cheers

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7