Military Antiques Stockholm - Top
Display your banner here
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Battlefield & Military Site Finds & Identification Requests

Article about: I've just got a metal detector so hopefully I can add some threads here when I am able to search some places Even before I do that, I have an item I'm not sure of (among some I've been given

Tape measure..as per

Cheers Mike
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Battlefield & Military Site Finds & Identification Requests  

Quote by VERSUCH View Post
    Tape measure..as per

Cheers Mike
    Thanks Mike... it's so obvious now you point it out

?

I believe this thin is a music instrument called "Jew's harp" or "mouth harp". Very popular in Sicily, where it is called "scacciapensieri"

I don't really expect much info to be revealed on these latest finds... this is more of a (hopefully!) slightly more interesting 'bump' for assistance with previously posted items that haven't been positively identified yet...

Any help that anyone can give is most appreciated though

Some sort of nozzle / tip? Maybe for a gas soldering iron or similar? Possibly not that old... difficult to photograph, or even see, clearly but it is marked "Made in England" & "6086" (I think).

Some generic parts which may, or may not(!), be military aircraft related... found near what was the 'technical' area of a long disused RAF airfield; now 'ploughed over' & returned to nature. Luckily I didn't discard the alloy washer, as the green paint was only revealed after cleaning

Can any MD experts tell me what the light coloured fragment might be made of? It showed up in the brass range on my Garrett & I was surprised by how it looked once cleaned!

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3