Damn Yankee - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

From Crete 1977

Article about: Can anyone identify these, I found them while digging on a beach on Crete while I was a little boy in the late seventies, have some more stuff also. lenghth is 14 cm:s and 2,6 cm at the base

Jan
    ?

Default Re: From Crete 1977

Sorry I misread the text it´s quite hard to make it out but it aqtually says LOS NW

In the center DM 64 and DN-2-252

Sorry my mistake, need new glasses

i was luckly enough to get on to malme airfield in crete while on holiday a few years ago its a current nato airfield but the guards were asleep , i was enjoying myself picking up random bits and found what looked like the same shell cases but deep in the back of the defending trenchs as though they were fired at the defenders from aircraft . i also found a live ju87 ariel bomb that was by a concrete bunker along with the other finds i will post when i find the pics .

Jan
    ?

Quote by dave1134 View Post
    i was luckly enough to get on to malme airfield in crete while on holiday a few years ago its a current nato airfield but the guards were asleep , i was enjoying myself picking up random bits and found what looked like the same shell cases but deep in the back of the defending trenchs as though they were fired at the defenders from aircraft . i also found a live ju87 ariel bomb that was by a concrete bunker along with the other finds i will post when i find the pics .
    Did you visit the old bridge near the airfield its metal frame full of holes from exploding shells

Rgds Jan

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2