Wardmilitaria - Top
Display your banner here

Digging post war dump sites

Article about: Hi all. Do many of you keep digging trenches or foxholes that are full of post war trash? Obviously there may be treasures further down but so many “modern” signals to deal with first. T

?

Default Digging post war dump sites

Hi all.
    Do many of you keep digging trenches or foxholes that are full of post war trash? Obviously there may be treasures further down but so many “modern” signals to deal with first. Thought it would be interesting to canvass your opinion on this. I usually leave them in the hope of discovering something in less obvious location, mainly to utilise my limited time more efficiently, but am I being too lazy? Cheers

?

I love digging dumpsites, you never know what you ll find and very often you ll find something cool or useful even how full of trash it is
    https://www.facebook.com/pages/Military-archeology-Legenda-Latvia/224779244335847

http://www.hobbyhistorica.com/

You never know what you might find, not always wartime trash. But I tend to research and go to places off the beaten track and away from roadways where access to an empty foxhole might tempt someone emptying their household junk.

But remember that farmers and forestry workers dumped lots of wartime detritus in these holes as well, so sometimes it's worth the effort.

?

Thanks for the tips .