Rg-militaria - Top
Display your banner here

Einmannbunkers (Luftschutzzelle) in Konigsberg i/Pr. (Kaliningrad now)

Article about: During the Second World War, bomb shelters were built in German cities. Konigsberg (East Prussia) was no exception. I live in Konigsberg, now the city is called Kaliningrad. All the bomb she

Default Einmannbunkers (Luftschutzzelle) in Konigsberg i/Pr. (Kaliningrad now)

During the Second World War, bomb shelters were built in German cities. Konigsberg (East Prussia) was no exception. I live in Konigsberg, now the city is called Kaliningrad. All the bomb shelters in my city are covered with ground, but several interesting structures have been preserved in the territory adjacent to these bomb shelters. I will show you three such structures (I give street names as were called before 1945). This are an "Einmannbunker". During the bombing, a Luftschutz man was in such a bunker, who watched through the viewing holes where the unexploded bombs fell. They were made of reinforced concrete and were of various forms. Most often there are cylindrical shapes. There is information that such structures were used as observation posts near important military and civilian facilities. This is possible, since in Kaliningrad there is such a round bunker located near the building, where there was a meat-harvesting plant in Konigsberg. In the memoirs of General Lasch, who was the commandant of Konigsberg, it is written that the installation of these bunkers was the idea of the Gauleiter of East Prussia Koch. They sometimes housed machine gunners. But this information seems implausible to me, since a machine gun will not fit in such a structure. A person cannot even be in a sitting position in such a bunker, only stand. I decided to show you not a round structure, but a rarer form - cubic and trapezoidal.

Maybe you know something else about these structures?

And here is interesting Luftschutz door :
    Luftschutz door
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Einmannbunkers (Luftschutzzelle) in Konigsberg i/Pr. (Kaliningrad now)   Einmannbunkers (Luftschutzzelle) in Konigsberg i/Pr. (Kaliningrad now)  

Einmannbunkers (Luftschutzzelle) in Konigsberg i/Pr. (Kaliningrad now)  
    Last edited by samland; 06-12-2022 at 07:16 AM.

Konigsberg, burgschulle yard, Lehndorf strasse. In the period from 1943 to 1945, a military hospital was located in its building. Now the school No. 1 of Kaliningrad. I studied there.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Einmannbunkers (Luftschutzzelle) in Konigsberg i/Pr. (Kaliningrad now)   Einmannbunkers (Luftschutzzelle) in Konigsberg i/Pr. (Kaliningrad now)  

Trapezoidal form. Very well preserved. Located on the Korth platz (between Kraus Allee and Am Landgraben strasse)

Einmannbunkers (Luftschutzzelle) in Konigsberg i/Pr. (Kaliningrad now)   Einmannbunkers (Luftschutzzelle) in Konigsberg i/Pr. (Kaliningrad now)  

Cubic form. General Litzmann strasse. It is also very well preserved. The internal staircase and the fastenings for the hatch have been preserved

Einmannbunkers (Luftschutzzelle) in Konigsberg i/Pr. (Kaliningrad now)   Einmannbunkers (Luftschutzzelle) in Konigsberg i/Pr. (Kaliningrad now)  

?

Very interesting, thanks for sharing this

Very, very interesting. Thank you for share and for the information.
    Regards
    Santi

Very interesting, Samland. If you find yourself in Metgethen, have a look at the remains of my family's estate, Schloss Metgethen.