Military Antiques Stockholm - Top
Display your banner here
Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 LastLast

Exploring the Arctic battlefields of northern Finland

Article about: Sorry, got no incredible SS rings/buckles/helmets to show here Instead I'll throw in some photographs of the ordinary surface finds I've come across in the vast wilderness of the northernmos

In the long run the relics will be rotten by the weather too. In the course of time they need shelter. Maybe in a museum connected with your photos, Nordlicht and Heimdall, taken from the original find spots and their landscape? And your photos also shown by the museum on presentation boards on the ground of the find spots?

With best wishes
    Alter Musketier
    In memory of my father who was in K-Einsatz, combat engagement, with the RAD in the Alps in 1945, of my grandfather who was with the IR 87 during campaign in France in 1940 and of my grand-uncle who served in the Gardegrenadierregiment Nr. 3 "Königin Elisabeth" and who was killed in action at Craonne, Chemin des Dames in France in 1917

CSW
    ?

It's naturally true that not everything can be saved. I'm afraid it's not quite possible to set up info boards at every historical site either, but even getting my photos on museum display would be an absolute honor! Maybe one day

Cheers!

German supply route.

Exploring the Arctic battlefields of northern FinlandExploring the Arctic battlefields of northern FinlandExploring the Arctic battlefields of northern FinlandExploring the Arctic battlefields of northern FinlandExploring the Arctic battlefields of northern FinlandExploring the Arctic battlefields of northern Finland

Remains of a small camp / supply area.

Exploring the Arctic battlefields of northern FinlandExploring the Arctic battlefields of northern FinlandExploring the Arctic battlefields of northern FinlandExploring the Arctic battlefields of northern Finland

Mule/horse stables.

Exploring the Arctic battlefields of northern FinlandExploring the Arctic battlefields of northern FinlandExploring the Arctic battlefields of northern Finland

I definitly have to visit Finnland sometime... these places look beautiful, untouched history.

CSW
    ?

Hi guys,

due to currently being in the military I haven't been able to spend too much time on the forum, however here's something new: namely another example of original paintwork surviving. These cylinders would have carried either a section of the German 17 cm gun's propellant charge packed in a white bag or the shell casing with a charge section packed inside.

Nothing spectacular but I'm always happy to see original markings!

"Vorkart. 3 der 17 cm K. (i.) Mrs. Laf.
    Lagerung und Transport der gefüllten Behälter nur liegend."

or

"Front Charge 3 for the 17 cm Cannon on Heavy Howitzer Carriage
    In storage and transport keep full containers horizontal."

(2nd picture from Militärische Antiquitäten Emig)

Nice find!

Blown up Ford

Exploring the Arctic battlefields of northern FinlandExploring the Arctic battlefields of northern Finland

Luftwaffe field kitchen.
    Exploring the Arctic battlefields of northern FinlandExploring the Arctic battlefields of northern Finland

Opel kapitän -39

Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 LastLast