Wardmilitaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

A few finds from a d-day training zone

Article about: Hi CB, You've had some great finds for such a limited amount of searching, just imagine what you could get with a little time The big bit at the bottom is part of the drive band from around

Default A few finds from a d-day training zone

Hi all,
    Well out of five days away i only managed to get out 45mins before last light,typically two K,s to cover over rough terrain - was it worth it? Yep,damn right!! Not many finds to show,i spent a while at the target end of a range im guessing. I found the firing end but it was too dark to make much progress.Did i mention i had drunk a bit before hand? Hope you like the finds
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture A few finds from a d-day training zone   A few finds from a d-day training zone  

A few finds from a d-day training zone  

Default Re: A few finds from a d-day training zone

Ok.....it's official. I've gone mad. What the hell is the big item ? Looks like half a 848 bomb pistol !

Nice mortar fins by the way Should be a date on one of the vanes

Thanks Steve,and i was hoping you were going to tell me! It was found in the same area as the 2in mortar tails and shrapnel.I thought it looked similar to the ejector mortar tails i found on another site?
    https://www.warrelics.eu/forum/battl...galore-144767/

hahahaha 'i drunk a bit before i went out' Good finds mate, look forward to your next hunt

Thanks WH,a few more pics of our mystery item.The 2ins mortar was dated 11/42
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture A few finds from a d-day training zone   A few finds from a d-day training zone  

A few finds from a d-day training zone   A few finds from a d-day training zone  

Last edited by cornishboy; 03-31-2012 at 11:21 AM.

I like this mystery item, Is that a shotty cap in the top?

Im not sure,due to the build up of rust.Permission to hit it with a hammer?

Wow thanks for the i.d. Spotter
    iv given it a bit of a wire brush
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture A few finds from a d-day training zone  

A few finds from a d-day training zoneWell i didnt expect to be back here this weekend.20mins was all after a quick walk.I may have found a bigger piece of whatever it was i found last time,still with green paint on.Some .303's and a couple of 9mm's.Whats the other item,looks too big for anything im thinking of?A few finds from a d-day training zone

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast