Espenlaub Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4

Few relics...WW2 ? Need ID !

Article about: 1. A piece from...? 2. Chain...? 3. ...? 4. Knife...? 5. Bullet...? (7.92x57 Mauser ?)

?

Ok guys...what should I do ? The relics are not..."to like or not to like" them...they are RELICS...pieces of history (WW2... !!); even "you" don't 'like' an object/relic...some ideas/opinions, at least could HELP much for a possible identification and, of course, to "eliminate" the 'trash' ('modern junk'); for example, maybe one guy found/saw a similar object (and he knows of course it's from WW2...), and he can provide some details about that object/relic...

Of course, I don't eliminate, at any time, the 'variant' that object is not a WW2 relic...BUT, looking to the 'condition', shape, the depth..., other nearby relics (certain WW2 relics !), the 'terrain' (trenches, fox-holes, bomb/shell craters), etc...I could think THAT object I found it's a WW2 relic. But, because of the 'doubts', I "come here" hoping somebody could help me to eliminate THESE 'doubts', and why not, to reveal a 'new' WW2 relic to the others .

For example, if I found a german belt buckle ("GOT..."), so I' m sure it's a WW2 relic, why should I 'post' here a photo of that buckle when you found/see this kind of buckle already ?

Ok, if I find a steel/iron piece of...(?) with a 'clear' serial number/letters, yes...I will ask you for help ID...

?

So you are basically saying your only here for answers to objects you no nothing about and have no wish to share pics of your finds that you do no about mmmm

The truth is that these finds won’t excite many collectors here abouts. A koppelscloss will, even when we have seen a million of them before. Clear the crap from your collection and concentrate on those nice finds, they are the ones that excite fellow collectors not the random fragments that could just be domestic rubbish. Former trenches have been fillled with all kinds of junk since 1945

?

Post Answers/Info...

Quote by BRIOLF View Post
    So you are basically saying your only here for answers to objects you no nothing about and have no wish to share pics of your finds that you do no about mmmm
    I'm here to find answers/info about the objects I found and that could be WW2 relics, even those objects that look like a 'modern trash' ('who knows, maybe...').

If I find a true/certain WW2 relic (for ex. a bayonet or a helmet or a buckle etc) I will be one of the happiest guy in the world, AND I will be happy to "share" it with the warrelics.eu community ! But, I think it's logical to "prioritize" the objects that I "marked" with one or more "?" ;-)
    So, any other doubts ?

?

Post Collector...

First of all : I'm not a 'collector' (!), and I'm not here to "excite" 'fellow collectors' with "WOW" finds (is it bad ? am I wrong...?), I'm here to find answers/info about traces of the past - WW2, pieces from a "puzzle" I try to "clear" it "up" !
    You said well : "...that could just be..."; so, I'm not sure if they are "domestic rubbish" you are not sure they are WW2 relics...SO, those doubts "deserve" to be vanished !

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4