Steyer Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

Hungerford Rally 2008, 101st Airborne

Article about: Hi All, Back in 2008 my club held a rally at hungerford, these where my results John

Default Hungerford Rally 2008, 101st Airborne

Hi All,

Back in 2008 my club held a rally at hungerford, these where my results

John
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Hungerford Rally 2008, 101st Airborne   Hungerford Rally 2008, 101st Airborne  

Hungerford Rally 2008, 101st Airborne   Hungerford Rally 2008, 101st Airborne  

Hungerford Rally 2008, 101st Airborne   Hungerford Rally 2008, 101st Airborne  

Hungerford Rally 2008, 101st Airborne  

Default Re: Hungerford Rally 2008, 101st Airborne

Nice finds mate, I love the mess tin. There must be loads of relics to be found around Hungerford, the area was very busy with US Airborne and GI's.

'Your carpet looks very clean back then!'
    LUCKYSTRIKE

Cool finds John and what beautiful, scenic area to find them in as well. I can only imagine standing there, head down detecting and inhaling that fresh air and green grass.
    Don't get a lot of it here!

Nice finds WH. That's one heck of a squished 30cal !

Steve T

Quote by LUCKYSTRIKE View Post
    Nice finds mate, I love the mess tin. There must be loads of relics to be found around Hungerford, the area was very busy with US Airborne and GI's.

'Your carpet looks very clean back then!'
    LUCKYSTRIKE
    I have to agree with you on the carpet, that was before i started cleaning stuff in my bedroom

I've just looked on my records and the place was Denford park. i think it was something to do with the 101st replacement troops

Quote by Unforgottenwar View Post
    Cool finds John and what beautiful, scenic area to find them in as well. I can only imagine standing there, head down detecting and inhaling that fresh air and green grass.
    Don't get a lot of it here!
    It really was a fantastic day. I rember we had a little bit of rain in the afternoon but that didn't stop me. There was 2 options you go either detect the pasture or a 200 acre ploughed bit. 99% of people went to the ploughed field. I spent the day detecting the pasture. the whole area was turned into a horse paddock after the rally I rember one angry man shouting because he had only found bullets, the person asked him if he could have them. He shout back 'i threw those bloody things in the bloody hedge'

Quote by Steve T View Post
    Nice finds WH. That's one heck of a squished 30cal !

Steve T
    Just been in the shed heres some pictures.

It's a drill round Marked 36 P S.

and heres a buckle from a M1 Helmet
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Hungerford Rally 2008, 101st Airborne   Hungerford Rally 2008, 101st Airborne  

Quote by Whitehunter View Post
    It really was a fantastic day. I rember we had a little bit of rain in the afternoon but that didn't stop me. There was 2 options you go either detect the pasture or a 200 acre ploughed bit. 99% of people went to the ploughed field. I spent the day detecting the pasture. the whole area was turned into a horse paddock after the rally I rember one angry man shouting because he had only found bullets, the person asked him if he could have them. He shout back 'i threw those bloody things in the bloody hedge'
    Man, what a piss-pour attitude. One thing I've realized in metal detecting is attitude has a lot to do with what you find. Some people are greedy or anxious and they find squat. But take your time, appreciate the surroundings and the history, show and have a little respect for where you are, the history of the area and what I'm digging up...and I swear, the better finds just pop up for you asking to be found and preserved.

Keep it up man!